- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
The second time it happens, he feels less guilty.  It's a Saturday night, and he had had a big fight with Karen, over something so trivial he couldn't even remember what it was, and he ended up at Pam's apartment.  It doesn't take much for them to fall into bed, naked and sweaty, as he whispers that he loves her.

It continues like this for a while.  Sometimes they go for weeks without anything happening, but eventually they always end up doing it again.  Twice they even have sex at work when everyone else had left for the day.  They never talk about Karen, or what this means in the longterm. 

At home, Jim tries to pretend that everything is normal, but Karen senses a change.  When months have passed without any intimacy, she finally blows up and asks him what's going on.  He just says he's tired, that work is difficult, and a bunch of other excuses he knows she doesn't buy.  His hands get clammy and he feels the nausea coming back, so he does the only thing he can think of to throw her off the scent.  He grabs her and kisses her, and tells her he's sorry for being a jerk lately.  Later on, when he makes love to his wife, he thinks of Pam, and is paralyzed with guilt.

He knows he can't keep doing this.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans