- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
One day, he tells Pam that he's going to leave Karen.  She breaks down with tears of happiness, and for once, they talk about It.  He tells her he made a mistake, that his whole marriage, that this whole lifestyle, was just one big fat mistake.  She agrees with a playful laugh.  As they lie in bed, he holds her in his arms and thinks about the future.  The real future, with him and Pam together.

It all changes when he goes home.  Karen is sitting in the dark, on the couch.  She asks him where he's been.  Again, he lies.  She throws something at him, and calls him a liar.

He doesn't know what to do.  She stands up, and says coldly, "Look.  At.  It."  He bends over and picks up the object.  At first he doesn't know what it is, but then the recognition rides in on a wave of nausea.

"It's positive," she says.  "You need to stop whatever it is you're doing, Jim.  For the sake of your child."

She turns and storms out of the room.  He sinks down into the couch, clutching the pregnancy test, and begins to sob.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans