- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
The next day, he tells Pam.  He watches her heart break before his eyes, and she collapses.  He holds her for a long time as they both cry, and he tells her that he will always love her.

But they both know this thing between them has to end.  He feels like his soul has been torn apart.  When he leaves her for the last time, he kisses her gently on the lips instead of saying goodbye.

He thinks of that night at the beach, how she said she wished he would come back.  He wishes he had listened to her then.

When he gets home Karen is waiting.  He tells her that everything is alright, that he will be there for her and the baby no matter what.   She accepts his words, even as he admits to nothing.  They start over.  Again.

When he goes to work on Monday, he finds out that Pam has quit.  No one in her department knows where she went.  He thinks about going to find her, to make sure she's okay, but he forces himself not to.

He thinks about her every single day.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans