- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
His son is born eight and a half months later. He loves him more than he ever thought possible. He's a good dad.

He is not, however, a good husband, and he knows it. He and Karen don't have big explosive fights anymore, but they slip into a routine where they are more like roommates than husband and wife, and they barely talk to each other.

When the baby is about a year old, he sleeps with a girl he meets at an after-work happy hour. The whole office knows it, but no one says anything. Karen never finds out.

Then a few months later, he ends up having sex with a girl that goes to his gym. He fucks her a few times over the course of a couple months. It's a casual thing, and he knows he should feel bad, but he doesn't. The part of him that used to feel things like that just doesn't exist anymore.

He also starts drinking a lot. It starts as one drink just to take the edge off, and it ends up being something he needs in order to get through the day.

Truth be told, his son is his only reason for existing. The only joy and light in his life. He knows, though, that soon Karen will have had enough, and that joy will be taken away.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans