- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
He opens his eyes and answers David Wallace's question.

"I see myself... not... here."  He is surprised at himself.

"Excuse me?" 

Jim stands, awkwardly shuffling his feet.  "I'm sorry, but I have to remove myself from consideration for this job.  I can't really explain, other than I just now realized that this isn't what I want.  I'm really sorry for wasting your time."

David Wallace stands, smiles and shakes Jim's hand.  "Well then, I wish you luck."

He walks out of the office, a sense of relief washing over him.  He can't understand how he knows he's doing the right thing, but he follows his gut.  He calls Karen and asks if he can meet her somewhere.  She points him in the direction of a park, and he finds her sitting near a fountain, a big smile on her face.

He doesn't waste any time, "Hey.  Um, we need to talk."

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans