- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
It's two months before he has to return to Scranton.  Although he talks to Michael several times a week, he hasn't yet spoken to Pam.  Every so often he gets a friendly email from her, and he replies, but when he calls the office, he dials Michael directly.

When he walks in the door she smiles warmly at him.  Her hair is different.  Softer, and without her ever-present barrette.  He greets her with a grin and a joke, and they make small talk.  She's doing well, she says.  She is taking a graphic arts class that she loves, and she's thinking about moving to a bigger apartment.

She asks how he's doing, and how Karen is.  He can tell she is trying to keep the conversation light.  He feels the heaviness in his gut returning, so he excuses himself to go talk to Michael.

At the end of the day, he stops at her desk.  Part of him wants to talk to her more, to ask her if she wants to get some coffee and maybe they could catch up.  But he stops himself, and just tells her goodbye instead.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans