- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
When he gets home that night Karen asks where he's been.  He lies, and tells her he went out with Michael.  He can tell she doesn't completely believe him, but he kisses her and asks her if she wants to go to bed.

In the morning, she is making coffee when he goes into the kitchen.  Her hair is tossed back in a messy bun, and she looks serious.  He asks her, hesitantly, if something is wrong.  She shakes her head, but she still won't look at him.

He feels guilty, but he doesn't know why, since it's not like anything happened with Pam.  They were just friends.  There was nothing wrong with being friends.  Still, he doesn't want Karen to feel threatened in any way.

The following week he buys her a ring, and proposes to her in a romantic Italian restaurant.  She throws her arms around him and accepts.  He is glad she's happy.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans