- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

He doesn't tell Karen that Pam transferred.  He's not sure why, exactly, but he figures there is no need to mention it and chances of her finding out are slim.

Then one day he comes home and Karen is sorting through the mail.  "Hey," she says, "did Pam move?"

He freezes.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because our invitation got returned.  It says 'no forwarding address.'"

"You invited Pam to the wedding?" he asks, dumbfounded.

"Of course I did.  She's your friend, isn't she?"  She says it with a trace of bitterness.

He sighs and tells her that Pam lives in New York now, that she works at corporate.  She stares at him as he waits for her to ask why he didn't tell her, but she doesn't.  Instead she just nods and goes back to sorting the mail.

The next day he finds the invitation in his bag with a note from Karen.  "Why don't you give this to Pam when you see her?"  He doesn't.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans