- Text Size +
To: Jim Halpert
From: Bob and Diane Beesly

Jim,

Go to Pam's art show tomorrow night, even if she acts as if she doesn't want you to be there. Look for her in her artwork. See if you can find her in her artwork. If you can't, look for yourself there. If you can't find that either, then...tell her how you feel (I know-- you already did that. Sometimes it takes more than once, Jim. It's not fair, I know. It's her turn, and I know that too. But if you love her as much as you say you do.....and I absolutely believe that you do.... then you know her well enough to know that sometimes she needs a second chance).

If you can find the strength to give yourself to her one more time, you will also be giving her back to herself.

I have faith in you, and in my daughter. And as you say, we're both old enough to know that there are no guarantees, ever. But I have a good feeling about you and Pam.

I'm pulling for you, Jim.

Love,

Diane Beesly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Jim read the words over and over, printed them off and laid them on the dresser as he stripped off his clothes, carried them into the bathroom and read them while he ran the water. Set the words on the counter, got into the shower and let the hottest water he could stand pour over him like a cleansing, like a blessing. He laid his palms against the tiles and let his tears flow until the water ran ice-cold.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans