- Text Size +
To: Bob and Diane Beesly
From: Jim Halpert

Mrs. Beesly,

First of all, thank you for allowing me to email you. I'm sorry if this is....well, maybe just weird. But, I really need to do it, and you seem to get that, so....thank you.

And then, just so we're clear: I am in love with your daughter. Loving her is so much a part of me that I'm beginning to believe that I simply always will. I'm old enough to know that it doesn't mean she loves me back and it's no guarantee that things will work out, especially given what happened this past weekend (I'm getting to that in a minute). And I've told myself that a thousand times and it doesn't seem to matter....loving her is just who I am, Mrs. Beesly.

Anyway......

I don't know if you have talked to her or what she's told you, but at our coworker's wedding this past weekend....well, here's what happened and then I'll fill you in a little bit. The long and short of it is, I realized that maybe Pam has feelings for me, but I was almost too late....she almost left with Roy. I stopped her though. I didn't really stop her, I just....asked her not to leave with him. I told her I didn't think that this was what she wanted, and she seemed to understand that and went home alone. I could say more, but out of respect for you, Pam, and even Roy--I will not. I will say this....it was a bad scene. I'm sorry to tell you that but I think you should know.

I also realized that it was a mistake for me to be with Karen. There were a lot of reasons I thought it wasn't a mistake....but those reasons were wrong. And again out of respect for you, Pam, and Karen I won't go into details there either.

So here's where we are. I'm broken up with Karen. Pam, as far as I can tell, is not with Roy. And yet, she will not speak to me. I've hinted that I want to be everything to her.....I was beginning to think that this was what she wanted too, but she is very closed off to me right now. I'm worried about her, Mrs. Beesly.....really worried. I don't want to pry if you think it's not my place. That's not what this is about. But I just wanted to say, please check up on her, and please know that I never, ever wanted to hurt her. I know I did....and I've been hurting too.....but I never meant to. I hope you believe that.

That's all. This is long and rambling and probably makes no sense, but I needed to say it to you. Well, say it on email, anyway. Thank you, thank you, if you read this all the way through.

Jim

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans