- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
this is the last chapter PLEASE review, whatever you have to say. i really appreciate everyone who commented through the entire thing :D enjoy!
Pam watched as Jim started to stir on the couch and sat in the loveseat across from him. She set her coffee on the glass table in front of her and waited. Although she didn’t honestly know what to expect. Jim just broke up with Karen so would he want to start slow? Take a break? Or maybe picked up where they left off? And she was including the wonderful stairs make out session. With Jim, everything like that was wonderful, all he had to do was touch her and she felt like she knew bliss personally. Like the word was some special friend of hers and it only showed itself when Jim was near. She liked bliss; it was something that reminded her of how important Jim was.

Jim sat up groggily and shook his head. Pam smiled bringing him over a cup of coffee. She set it on the counter and sat on the arm of the couch. “Morning.”

Jim groaned and rubbed his head. “Can you turn off the lights?” And then he buried his head in the couch.

Pam smiled. “First of all, it’s ten AM which means the thing you cleverly call lights is the sunlight coming through the window.”

“Can we turn off the sun then?” It took him a moment to sit up all the way and she handed him the cup. He took a long sip. “Did you say ten AM? Where does the day go?”

“Second of all, I guess it’s a little hard to keep track of time when you’re busy sleeping off a bender…Meredith.” She accused.

“Easy, I had two drinks.”

Pam rolled her eyes. “So you keep saying.”

“Can I get some aspirin by chance?” He asked rubbing his temples.

“I’m tempted to let you suffer.” She smirked when he raised his eyebrows at her.

He put down the coffee cup when she did and slowly inched towards her. “Oh you are, are you?”

She nodded slowly until suddenly he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down onto the couch with him. She squealed when she landed on his soft body and blushed when she realized they were face to face. He softly brushed his lips with hers and leaned in to kiss her on the mouth. She felt bliss making a visit again.

When she was too heated to go on, because they’d never have that talk if they did, she sat up a little. “Are we still going to talk?”

He smiled and pulled her back down on him and kissed her again. “As you know, I like to lead from example.”

She sat up. “Come on, I’m serious. What happened with Karen last night? You seemed pretty upset.”

He sat up too and let out a long sigh. She still could see that what happened upset him. “Yeah, I mean, I really hurt her Pam. You should have seen the look on her face when I talked to her. It’s like—” He shook his head and looked down.

“The night when I had told you I couldn’t.” She whispered finishing his thought exactly.
~*~*~

Jim nodded solemnly. He thought that was the only time in his life when he’d ever feel so upset, so lost and angry. He never wanted to bring that on someone else. He could literally hear Karen’s heart break last night because he knew what to listen for. He knew what one sounded like because Pam had broken his once upon a time.

“Yeah and I just—I mean you know I wanted to do it right? I- I wanted to be with you.” He tried reassuring her because when he looked up at her again she looked like she was about to cry.

She nodded. “I just feel horrible that I put you through—”

Jim grabbed her hand gently and ran his thumbs over her knuckles. “I think we both know it was worth it.”

Pam sighed and rubbed his hands in return. He let one of his arms drift around her shoulders and pull her close to him. “You’re not happy I did this?”

That was really all he would need. For the girl he loved, he always loved, to say to him that this isn’t what she wanted. If she said that he’d be done; forever and always. No matter where the road took him or who he came into contact with.

Pam shook her head repeatedly and rested her head in-between his shoulder and the crook of his arm. “No, it’s just are you sure you made the right decision?”

He wondered if she was actually serious she asked that. He almost felt like making a joke at her expense. He shook his head and brought his lips close to her forehead. “I’m yours Pam Beesley, always.”

~*~*~

Always? Didn’t that usually mean forever? They we’re human, they didn’t have forever. Pam brought her lips to meet Jim and kissed him as long as she could without breathing. The problem was the difference from her passing out from lack of oxygen and passing out for Jim in general was hard to decipher. But she didn’t care, she’d kiss him even if that meant going into a coma for it.

She felt him raise her onto his lap and she continued to assault him with her lips. His hands traveled everywhere within a matter of seconds, forever wasn’t too far away.

Bliss took a permanent seat on the couch next to them. She could feel its closeness filling her veins. It was like a drug, and Jim was something you defiantly didn’t want to stop taking.

Bliss- complete and perfect happiness
Chapter End Notes:
thank you!


civillove is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 15 members. Members who liked Ignorance can be Bliss also liked 2739 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans