- Text Size +

Back on the hillside, the three shepherds, or more accurately the two shepherds and the one shepherdess, or more perhaps even more accurately, two sheepherds and one sheepherdess sat on the hillside talking quietly.

"You know what’s really weird?" Kevin asked, to to responses, so he continued.

"The whole circumcision thing."

"Kevin! Stop. Now." Angela sharply replied.

"For the love of Baal, Kevin. Where do you come up with this stuff?" was Oscar’s response.

Kevin was undaunted.

"Seriously though. I mean was there no better way of separating Gods chosen people from the Gentiles? Couldn’t we have just bored a hole in our noses or something? Couldn’t we have got a tattoo or something? Why did we have to cut that off?
"Kevin!" the two others yelled out in unison.

Kevin must not have heard them. He opened his mouth to continue on his rant about the absurdity of the covenant sign.

"I mean, maybe we’re missing out. Maybe it would be better to have fore-"

Suddenly there was a blinding burst of light in the sky, and the silence of the night was shattered by the voices of thousands of angelic beings singing in chorus, "Alleluia! allelujah!" It was so loud that the three shepherds first instinct was to cover their ears, but the glory and the majesty of the angelic beings caused them to shelter their eyes first from the blinding light.They fell down in fear and trembling and the miraculous display before their very eyes.

As suddenly as the music had begun it then hushed, and the shepherds heard a voice calling from the sky.

"Fear not! For I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day, in the Electric Village, a Saviour which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign to you; you will find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, in a munitions shed behind the Scranton Inn."

And then, in an instant, the angels were gone. Their song had disappeared into the night, as though they had never been there in the first place. The three shepherds lay in stunned silence on the ground. Slowly, carefully, they made their way to their feet, and began brushing themselves off.

"Sweet merciful crap!" exclaimed Kevin.

"A miracle!" exclaimed Angela

"Doubtfully" said Oscar. "But nevertheless, we should probably go to Scranton to see what the scuttlebutt is."

The three of them turned and made their way toward the village.

"What time is it?" Kevin asked. "D’ya think we could get breakfast first?"

Chapter End Notes:
And that's a wrap.  No, I'm not going into details about the actual birth.  There is potential for humour there, with the potential of Dwight as the delivery doctor, but I just don't have the energy to continue.  Thanks for reading, those of you who did. 


Daoust is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked The Greatest Fanfic Ever Told also liked 29 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans