- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
this is the last chapter. i hope everyone loved it as much i loved writing it! thank you so much to all my reviewers, especially the ones who had it all the way at the beginning!
~*~*~*~

Jim unlocked his front door. Pam had been quiet ever since he’d left the parking lot of Dunder Mifflin. He wondered if she had lost her voice like the time she’d lost her keys.

“You want something to drink?” he asked her, taking her coat and placing it on the rack.

She shrugged and followed him into the kitchen. “What are you having?”

He followed her action and shrugged. “I don’t know…something strong.”

He reached into the fridge and pulled a bottle of wine out.

“What’s all that stuff in your living room?” she asked, just noticing the boxes.

He looked into the living room and turned his attention back to the cork in the wine bottle. “Oh, Michael gave me all these boxes full of pens and stuff from the warehouse. Apparently we miscounted.”

“You miscounted.” She muttered making him smile.

“Yeah, well I recall someone running into the rain and distracting me.”

“And I recall someone picking me up and taking me in the rain.” She countered taking the bottle and uncorking it for him.

His smiled faded as he took it and poured himself some and placed it back into the fridge. “What are we gonna do Pam?” he asked as the silence started to cover the room like a blanket.

She shrugged. “I figured we’d watch a really horrible movie and play Janga.”

“I meant about Roy and you knew what I meant so why push my buttons?” he asked. He seriously wanted to know how she was feeling. And her defiantly not answering him on purpose was frustrating him. He wanted her to tell him so he wouldn’t be taken by surprise; it was much easier preparing himself for her hurting him.

“I already told him, it’s taken care of.”

She sounded like Roy had been a job. “He was drunk, he’s not gonna remember anything.”

Pam shook her head. “You’d be surprised.” At Jim’s exasperated face she sighed. “Look Jim, it’s not like he hasn’t been drunk before. I know how this goes.”

“That’s great Pam, I’m glad you have this whole thing memorized.”
“Look, can we not fight about this? I’m tired fighting about everything.” She shook her head and picked up Jim’s wine glass. He watched her take a few sips out of it. He shook his head; she reminded him of Roy sometimes. Every time things ended up too heavy for her to handle she tried burying it in the smooth dry taste of alcohol. Thinking that whatever anger she was feeling would just wash away in the horrible aftertaste and nauseating hangover.

Jim nodded and took the glass from her and set it on the counter. “You need to talk to him again okay? He deserves…” Jim bit his tongue on the sentence. Roy didn’t deserve a lot, he didn’t deserve Pam. But he, if anything, deserved an honest answer. “He needs to know.”

Pam nodded and looked at the floor. She was scared. She wanted, needed, to be with Jim. It was cliché but he completed her. Without him she was a puzzle that could never be put together because of the missing pieces. She liked the feeling of being whole and completed. She liked that he was the one to fill in her puzzle, and that she filled in his.

“He knows deep down.” She whispered.

“That’s not enough, he needs more than that.” He should know. That was Jim’s motto; needing more.

Pam knew what he needed. But it wasn’t like he was getting a happy ending out of it. Jim had always been her happy ending; her fairytale without the lame dialogue.

“Can you do that?” he asked. “Can you tell him again?”

She nodded and he took her chin and pulled her into a kiss. She understood everything a lot clearer when that happened; when he kissed her. Life was like this; there were no happy endings. Because some things didn’t have to end for it to be perfect; for the hero to ride into the sunset.

When the kiss ended he pulled her into the living room and sat her on the couch. “Horrible movie and Janga?”

She smiled. “Scrabble?”

He nodded and pulled the board games out from the closet. He shook the box and made sure all the pieces were still in it. He sat on one end of the couch, near the rows of boxes and folders and she sat on the other.

“Ok you start.”

She nodded. The game started out with simple spellings until Jim scrunched his eyes at the board.

“Verde is not a word.”

She smiled. “It’s a Spanish word.”

He picked up the box and waved it at her. “And this is English Scrabble.”

She rolled her eyes and picked up her pieces and placed them down again.

“Neither is pessimisty.”

Pam nodded. “It is too.”

Jim smirked and nodded. “Want to give me a definition there Pam?”

“It’s the word between pessimistic and pessimist. Has the same meaning.” She shrugged.

“I think someone needs an English dictionary.” He said raising his eyebrows.

“Oh yeah? What’s your word?”

“Actually…I have three.”

She looked down at the words Jim spelled out and smiled. A simple ‘I love you’ was spelled out on the board.

“You’re a dork Jim Halpert.” She laughed.

He reached across the board and inched an arm around her waist, pulling her towards him. “Come on, I’m sweeping you off your feet.”

She shook her head as she leaned down to kiss him. “The thing is…you kind of are.” She whispered.

As Jim leaned back all the way onto the couch, his head bumped into one of the boxes behind him. It was just enough for it to tip over and they watched as pens and folders fell onto the floor.

Jim shook his head and looked at the various things now blanketing the floor. His attention was suddenly taken away by Pam leaning down and kissing him. If his mouth wouldn’t have been on Pam’s he would have laughed. Who would have thought that office supplies, like manila folders and ball point pens, would have gotten them there?

~*~*~*~
Chapter End Notes:
please review. and i'm also taking requests for a next story. i'm writing another jim/pam story and if you have any ideas, please leave them. i'd be more than happy to write a story for you. thanks and love, civillove :D


civillove is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked Manila Folders and Ball Point Pens also liked 2241 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans