- Text Size +

The first thing he noticed was that he most definitely was not in his bed – that crappy mattress on the floor.  He knew for sure that he wasn’t there.  The next thing he noticed that his arm was definitely wrapped around something warm.  He tightened his grip on the object and suddenly felt a slight scrapping across his chest.  He slowly opened his eyes and smiled, seeing her, lying with her head resting on her hands, which were resting on his chest.  If anyone had asked, he would have sworn that last night was a dream, until he woke up and saw her brown eyes staring back at him. 

 

“Morning” he said softly, running his fingers up her back. 

 

She pushed herself up his body, resting her head in the crook of his neck, running her fingers through his hair.  “Morning” she whispered into his ear, kissing him lightly behind his ear.  He rolled over on his side and pulled her face to his, kissing her passionately.  He quickly pulled back.  “Sorry, morning breath.”

 

“I don’t care” she said breathlessly, pulling his lips back to hers.  She pulled Jim on top of her and succumbed to his kisses, his touch, the way he made her feel.  She had fought it for so long, probably since he walked into the office on his first day, that she was tired of fighting.  She moaned as he ran his hand down her side and hitched her leg up over his waist.  He ran his tongue down her neck and she flipped her head to the side, giving him better access.  It was then that she noticed the time.

 

“Jim.”  She tried to say his name normally, but it came out more as a pant because of what his hand was currently doing to her.

 

“Jim, we need to… oh God… wait, JIM!”  She grabbed his face and pulled it up level with hers.

 

He looked delectable with his bright eyes and swollen lips that she almost forgot why she made him stop.  “Pam?”

 

“Sorry.  Yeah, ok.  It’s just that check out is at noon and…”  Jim glanced over at the clock and noticed that it was 10:45.  He looked down at her and laughed.  “Wow, I haven’t slept this late since college.”

 

“Me neither.”

 

“So, I guess we can’t…”

 

“Oh, I didn’t say that.”  He cocked his eyebrows at her as she pushed herself up on her elbows, pressing her chest into his.  “I was just going to say that we should probably kill two birds with one stone.”  He got a confused look on his face.  ‘Men are slow sometimes’ she thought to herself.  She sucked his earlobe into her mouth and grinned when he shuddered against her.  “I was just going to ask if you want to join me in the shower.”  She flipped him off of her and bolted out of bed.  She had the water running before he knew what had happened.  Once the realization dawned on him, he jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

 

+++

 

“That’s definitely the way to take a shower” he said, wrapping his arms around her waist as she finished combing her hair.  She smiled at him in the mirror, taking in just how adorable he was with his wet hair and shirt untucked.  She turned around and looped her arms under his, wrapping them around his waist.  He pulled her tighter against him and kissed her lightly.

 

“What do you want?” she asked as he pulled his lips from hers.

 

“For you not to have to go back.”

 

“Done” she said, smirking at him.

 

“What?”

 

“Well, at least not right now.  I told Michael that I might be sick tomorrow.”  With that, she faked a cough and smiled.

 

“Oh yeah, you are totally coming down with something.  You should be tucked in bed with something warm wrapped around you.

 

“That sounds like heaven” she said as he dipped in to kiss her.  He didn’t think he would ever get tired of the feel of her lips on his.  “How about I get you out of here?”  She smiled and nodded, grabbing the rest of her things out of the bathroom.  She threw her stuff into her bag and they left her room, hand in hand.

 

+++

 

“Jim, this place is a wreck.”  Pam was in awe of the chaos that was Jim’s new apartment.

 

“Yeah, I know.  I was planning on unpacking this weekend, but I guess I got… a little distracted” he said, grinning at her. 

 

“Well, that’s partially my fault…”

 

“Partially?”

 

She glared at him in jest.  “So… I will help you try to organize this mess.”  She opened the refrigerator and frowned.  “No food either.  I saw a little market down the street.  How about I go get some food while you start to put some stuff away, that way I can make dinner later?” 

 

He grabbed her and lifted her up, putting her on the counter.  He stepped between her knees.  Pam wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.

 

“Well, see, I was actually thinking that we could order pizza and eat in bed.  I did manage to get the TV hooked up in the bedroom, so…”

 

“But, what about unpacking?”

 

“Tomorrow.”

 

“You have to work tomorrow.”

 

“Haven’t you heard?  Oh yeah, there’s this thing going around.”  He mimicked her cough from earlier and smiled.  She waggled her eyebrows at him and kissed him.  “Hold on” he whispered against her lips, picking her up off the counter and carrying her down the hallway, kicking his bedroom door shut.

 

TBC…


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans