- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
They say goodnight and part.
This is the end of the date. The next morning and the second date will be written as a separate set of stories.

**********************************************************
Jim walked slowly back to his car with a smile so big that it actually made his face hurt, but it wouldn’t go away. His hands raked through his hair every now and again as he relived every moment at the door with Pam.

After the kiss, he’d slowly withdrawn his hands, sliding down her arms until he clasped her hands in his. “Goodnight, Pam,” he said softly with a last kiss to her forehead.

Clearing his throat, he stepped back and took her keys out of his pocket to unlock her door. She just stood there, following his movements blindly as though in a daze. He curled her fingers around the keys, and then squeezed her hand. “I’ll see you at work tomorrow.”

“Work,” she parroted, nodding “Right.” She blew out a breath as her eyes cleared. He still had hold of her one hand, so she raised her other to touch his face lightly. “’Night,” she’d said in the same soft tone.

She’d stepped inside, their eyes meeting one last time with a smile, before she’d closed the door. He waited until he heard the click of the lock before he’d turned away to begin walking back to his car.

Karen would be back tomorrow, he mentally acknowledged as he took his off his jacket and tie and got out the car jack. That would be awkward, he thought and grimaced. He and Pam hadn’t talked about Karen yet, but they would, he knew. They could talk about anything.

He hummed lightly as he started on the tire.

******************************


Pam turned around as soon as she closed the door to sink back against it. She drew her knees up as she pressed her hands against her eyes. She felt like a live wire.

She leaned her head back as she took deliberate deep breaths, noting how her hands were shaking. She pressed them to her equally shaky mouth as she closed her eyes and remembered tonight’s kiss. She’d relived his last kiss a thousand times in her mind, remembered how it felt, and the taste of him. But nothing, she realized, could have prepared her for tonight.

“Holy cow,” she said out loud and started to undo her shoes. She’d have one more little blubber session...and then she had to call her mom.

******************************************************
Chapter End Notes:
End of their First Date. Thanks for reading. I will probably amend and lengthen some of this material as thoughts pop into my head. I plan on doing several of their beginning dates. I'll be doing the following morning with Karen and Jim (but mainly how Jim and Pam are together the next day) in the next set of stories. Once again - Please review. You guys have fabulous comments and insights.


Lexiconiful is the author of 9 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 21 members. Members who liked It's Their Turn also liked 2444 other stories.
This story is part of the series, First Dates. The next story in the series is Their Second Date.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans