- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

This is it. Thanks for reading!!!

 

Pam—

I hope I didn’t hide this note too well in your suitcase and that you find it while you’re unpacking. I just wanted to let you know how proud I am of you for taking this chance and accepting the internship. I know that I’m going to miss seeing you every day at work and every night after work, but we’ll have the weekends. I know we talked about this and I don’t want you to worry about what happens after you finish this program. We’ll figure it out together even if it means we don’t work together any more. You are going to be the star of your group and you are just going to blow them away with your talent. Remember that I’m always here rooting for you and if you need any support, I’m just a phone call away.

Love,

Your Biggest Fan

------

Jim—

I’m sending you those note because I want to let you know that I’ve noticed that something is up with you lately. Even though you tell me you’re fine or tired or whatever, I know that you’ve got a lot on your mind. I know that you never planned on selling this paper this long and that you’re afraid you’ll turn into Michael at some point. I worry that maybe me getting out of there and finding a career in a field that I love has made you discontent. I just want you to know that whatever you decide to do, I’m with you 100%. If you want to go back to school or look somewhere else, we can work it out and make it happen. You are so much more than your job, Jim…I hope you know that. I just want to see you happy. We’ll figure it out…together. Just don’t be afraid to talk to me. I’m the biggest supporter you’ve got.

Love,

Your Biggest Fan

-----

“Today, Jim, I join my life to yours, not merely as your wife, but as your friend, your lover, and your confidant. Let me be the shoulder you lean on, the rock on which you rest, the companion of your life, your biggest fan and supporter.  With you I will walk my path from this day forward. “

“Today, Pam, I join my life to yours, not merely as your husband, but as your friend, your lover, and your confidant. Let me be the shoulder you lean on, the rock on which you rest, the companion of your life, your biggest fan and supporter. With you I will walk my path from this day forward.”

-----

Pam—

All I have to say is that you were…you are amazing. I know the last couple of months have been rough and uncomfortable for you, but today you gave me a miracle and quite frankly, I’m at a loss for words. I love you so much. I love our life so much. I love our son so much. I can’t wait to watch him grow into a person and watch you be his mom. I know you’ve had your doubts, but trust me, I can already tell that you were born to be a mother. Thank you for everything, Pam.

Love,

Your Biggest Fan (and Stuart’s biggest fan too)

-----

Jim—

I’m sitting at the dining room table. I’m supposed to be working on my business plan, but I keep getting distracted by the noises coming from the other room. You’re giving Stu and Carly horsey rides and all three of you are laughing. That sound is like music to me. I want to bottle it up and save it forever. They are growing up so fast and they are such wonderful and amazing kids. I have you to thank for that. I know I tell you this all the time, but you are such a natural father. I love watching you with them.  I know that sometimes you wonder if you made the right choice staying at Dunder Mifflin when I got pregnant with Stuart, but you have to know that your greatest achievement is those two little people and how much love there is in our house. This is your legacy, Jim, and I hope you know that.

I love you so much,

Your Biggest Fan

-----

Pam—

Congratulations!!!  I am so proud of you. Did you ever think that when you were answering phones at Dunder Mifflin that you’d one day have your own design firm with a staff of 3?  I always knew that you had it in you, you know that, right?

The fact that you already have clients just shows that Halpert Design is going to be ridiculously successful. I know you’re worried that you’ll miss some time with the kids and me as you get this thing off the ground, but that’s where teamwork comes in. I’ve got your back, just like I always know that you’ve got mine.  I want to run out into the street and tell everyone driving by that the little storefront belongs to my wife and that she’s amazing.

I know and have always known that you can achieve anything you want.

Love, Your Biggest Fan

-----

Jim---Or should I say, Mr. Northeast Sales Director? 

Congratulations! We are all so proud of you…me most of all. I think it’s great that you talked corporate into letting you base yourself here in Scranton and I know that they are going to be so happy that they promoted you.  I know this wasn’t your first choice of a career, but Jim, you have to know that you do make a difference in what you do…even if it is “…only selling paper” as you describe it sometimes.  I’m going to say something here and I hope you don’t take offense.  You are going to be a great manager because you know the business, you are a phenomenal salesman, you are a natural leader and motivator, but mostly because you have something in common with Michael Scott, our old boss. Jim, you care about your employees. You care about their lives and that makes a difference.  I love you for your kindness and patience with difficult people. I’ve learned a lot from watching you.  You give so much every day at the office and then you come home and give again to all of us.

 You are my rock and my support and I hope you know that you can always…always lean on me.  So, congratulations again!  Do you want to paint your office?

Love,

Your Biggest Fan

-----

Stuart—I bet it’s weird getting a letter from your dad, but I’ve noticed that lately you’ve been moping around the house and you only grunt back at me when I ask if something is the matter.  I think I have an idea about what’s going on thanks to your big mouthed sister. Don’t hate her…she’s just worried about you.  According to Carly, there’s this girl that you like that doesn’t like you back.  Trust me, buddy, I know exactly how you are feeling.  That’s not just an old man trying to make you feel better either. I know that it hurts and I know how much you wish you could just stop liking her and how you probably can’t.  I’ve got a heap of advice for you about this.

In a nutshell, you have to keep being yourself. Don’t try to change because you might think she’ll like you better.  You’ve got to stay true to who you are. Besides, trust me, I’ve tried…it’s pretty hard to change into something else.  I’ve also got some advice about just telling her how you feel, but we should probably talk about that in person.  I’m here for you, Stu. You are a great kid and you are going to make some girl very lucky some day. Love has a way of working itself out.

If all of that was a bit too sappy for you, you can burn this letter. I’m free to shoot some hoops whenever you want, okay?

Stuart, I’m your biggest fan and supporter. I hope you know that.

Love, Dad.

-----

Carly—You just told me 8 times how much you hate me all because I asked you to change your shorts. It seems like we spend a lot of time fighting these days. Angela tells me you’ll grow out of it, and I hope so. I miss talking with you. That’s why I’m sending you this little note.

I know it’s not cool, but I do love you so very much. You are smart and pretty. When you’re not in one of your hormonal rages, you are the kindest, gentlest person I know.  You stand up for what you believe in with passion and I admire your outspokenness.   I’m sorry if you think no boy will ever talk to you if you don’t wear shorts that show off your butt cheeks, but you have to believe me that the kind of boy you want…the kind of boy that will change your life is the kind of boy that won’t care about what you are wearing.  You’ve seen what I wore when I first met your dad (and what he wore for that matter) and even though I wasn’t dressing all “hot” he loved me anyway.  That’s what I want for you, Carly. I want a man to notice who you are on the inside because you are amazing.  I am your biggest fan, Carly, and I will support you in (almost) everything (case in point, these shorts).

Love,

 Mom

-----

Stuart—

I hope that you can use the things we sent in the care package. Your dad insisted you’d appreciate money more, but I couldn’t help throwing in some household items as well.  I miss you so much and worry about you all the way in San Francisco in your first big job.   Your Uncle Patrick assures me that the firm that you are working at is top notch even though it has a reputation for being a bit cut throat.

That being said, I have to tell you that even though your father and I are insanely proud of you and what’ you’ve accomplished, you don’t have to feel like you have to stay in a situation you don’t like.  I know your ideas about law and justice have changed a little since you started working there and you are wondering if another career path would be a better fit. It’s okay to have doubts and it’s okay to admit that you made a mistake.  You don’t have to feel like your dad and I will be mad if you want to see what Teach for America can offer you in Los Angeles.  We won’t feel like you wasted your time or our money in law school.

  I just love that you want to find a way to help people.  I know there are ways to do that in the legal field, but you need to find what works with you. I know you may think he can’t relate, but you should talk to your Dad about the choices he’s made and why he’s made them.  Regardless of what you decide to do, we will support you and do everything we can to help. We love you and want you to know that you we are such fans of yours and what you have grown into.

Love, Mom and Dad

-----

Dearest Carly

You looked so beautiful today walking down the aisle.  You’ve grown into a smart, strong, loving and gracious woman and we couldn’t be more proud. Peter is a wonderful man and we are so happy to have him join our family.

We know first-hand that marriage is a wonderful and scary journey and wanted to impart all sorts of wisdom to you on this special day. We don’t want to sound corny or cheesy, though, so just let us say that the key to making it work is to never, ever forget that you and Peter need to be each other’s biggest fan and strongest supporter. If you remember that, you can deal with anything life throws your way.  Knowing someone is there for you no matter what makes the good times sweeter and the bad times easier. It’s the way we’ve tried to live our lives.

We love you so much and wish you and Peter as much happiness as we’ve had.

Love,Mom and Dad

-----

Dear Mom and Dad—

Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary. Stuart and I wanted to sit down together and write a short letter to you. We know it’s always kind of been your “thing”.   We can’t ever remember a time when there haven’t been little notes of encouragement from you to us. They’ve gotten us through some hard times (I won’t ever forget ShortsGate, Mom) and we don’t think we’ve ever told you how much we appreciated them.  We love you so much.

What we didn’t know, though, was that your letter writing habits didn’t start with us. When we were moving you guys into the condo last year, we stumbled on your box hidden in the back of your closet. Hundreds and hundreds of letters from both of you to each other, bundled up by year. What an amazing treasure.  We have to admit we sat and read them there (though some contained things no child should read about their parents) and were amazed at the fact that letter writing and fan mail was what got you together in the first place.  We’ve always thought it was a little weird that you always mentioned being our “biggest fans” and just chalked it up to it being one of your many quirks.  I think we finally get it, though.  Your life together has been an example for us. What we’ve learned about relationships, we got from watching you and we’ve tried to pass that on to our kids.  You guys have given us a remarkable life full of love and laughter and we couldn’t have asked for better parents.  It’s our turn to say that we are YOUR biggest fans.

While you guys were in Belize we took the opportunity to steal your letters and combine them with our collections and had this scrapbook made. It makes for an amazing story. We hope to continue the tradition.

Love,Stuart and Carly (and families) 

 



GodInThisChilis is the author of 19 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 28 members. Members who liked Fan Mail also liked 2701 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Reality Reality TV. The previous story in the series is Observer Effect. The next story in the series is Sky Blue and Black.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans