- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Those Halpert's are a fun bunch.
.



It had only been a week since they last saw each other, but if it was physically possible he would have kept her there all day kissing her.


“Hi,” she muttered against his lips.


“Umph,” he groaned, unwilling to stop kissing her yet.


She nipped at his bottom lip before she pulled her head back. He sighed loudly.


“Are we going to stand here all day?” It would have been perfectly fine if they had.


“Pam, this is how we greet all of our guests.” He leaned down and kissed her softly.


“Is the whole family going to greet me like this?”


“No, I told them about you and they all passed, so I’m just picking up the slack.” He linked his hand with hers and pulled her towards the door. “So this is it. Nothing fancy, just your standard house. Over here we have a living room. No one lives in it, so I’m not sure why they call it that.” They walked out of the room and into the kitchen. “We have the kitchen and the dining room right here. Out back is my dad, but we’ll get to him later.”


“Later?”


“We’re only half way done with tour.” They walked back into the hall and entered a room. There was an old lady sitting in a chair reading a book. “Pam, this is my grandma. We call her Nammy. You can call her Nammy.”


She smiled at the old lady as she looked up from her book. His grandma got up from her chair and approached them. “Nice to meet you Pam.”


“You too Nammy.” Pam laughed a bit at the nickname.


“Sorry for interrupting you,” Jim said as he pulled Pam out of the room.


“He’s the only one that calls me Nammy,” she said to Pam. “My name is Pearl. You can call me Nammy if you want though.”


Jim looked back at his grandma who was smiling at him. Pam was holding in her laugh. They made it further down the hall before he said anything. “She’s just always giving me a hard time.”


“She is awesome.”


They walked up the stairs. “My brother’s room is behind that door. I would show you but it’s literally the most disgusting room you’ve ever seen.” He pointed to the open door across the hall. “This is my parents’ room. My mom is really into white wicker furniture if you couldn’t tell.”


A tall blonde woman walked out from the bathroom in the room. “It reminds me of the coast.” She extended her hand and Pam shook it. “I’m Jim’s mom, Larissa.”


“I’m Pam.”


“Thank you for putting up with all of my son’s crap.”


“To be fair, I just give it right back.”


She looked over at Jim and smirked. “You’re staying for dinner, right?” Pam nodded. “Good, I have some great stories to tell you.”


Pam laughed as his mom walked down the stairs. “If you couldn’t tell, my mother and my Nammy hate me.”


They walked down the stairs and rounded the corner. “Is this the big finale?”


He opened the door and they walked down the stairs. The room was surprisingly bright considering it was in the basement. “This is my room. I have a desk, a chair, and a bed.”

“And a couch! I’m a little jealous of your room.” She walked around the room taking in all of the small details. The pictures on his desk. The different books he had on his shelf. She ran a finger along the length of his bed. He walked up behind her and wrapped an arm around her stomach. He moved the hair from her neck and began planting kisses down the side of her neck until he reached her collarbone. She closed her eyes and just listened to the sound of him kissing her. Then she realized where they were. They were at his house. His parents were upstairs along with his grandma.


“Jeez Jim. You’re like a horny teenager.”


“I’m trying to make up for a week of not kissing you.”


“What are you going to do in two weeks then?”


“You don’t even want to know.”


He turned her around and kissed her on the mouth. He pulled her body next to his. He took a step back and she took a step with him. He took another step and she followed. He lowered himself until he was sitting on the bed and she was leaning down to kiss him back. He leaned back further and she followed him again. Jim’s hand roamed over her back. He slid a hand under her shirt and pressed his fingers into her back until she was laying on him. He rolled her over making sure never to break the kiss. Her shirt was riding up and he couldn’t stop himself from running his hand over her stomach. He felt her stomach muscles twitch under finger tips. He smiled against her lips.


“What’s so funny?”


“It’s good to know what makes you tremble.” He was kissing her neck now.


“What makes you tremble?” There was a creak above them. “Stop.”


“What?”


“Your parents are upstairs! Your grandma is upstairs!”


“They’re not going to come downstairs.”


“They won’t have to. They know I’m here and we’ve been gone way too long. What if they think we’re having sex?”


“We’re not though. We’re just kissing.”


He kissed her chin and she stopped talking. She heard the wood above them creak again.


“They know. I can feel it.”


“Know what?”


“What we’re doing down here.” It was hard to argue with him while he was kissing her and running his hands over her waist.


“They don’t care, I promise. Five more minutes, please.”


“Five more minutes, but if I get weird looks when we get back upstairs you’re going to get it.”


They were standing on the steps and Pam was asking Jim if her hair was messed up. He put a hand on top of her hair and tousled her hair.


“Thank you. That helped.” She shook her head to undo Jim’s help. “That was definitely 10 minutes.”


“I never said that I would keep time.” He kissed her one more time before opening the door.


She half expected for Jim’s parents to be waiting for them, but they weren’t there.


“Let’s go meet my dad.”


She followed him through the kitchen out the back door. His dad was sitting in a lawn chair tossing a tennis ball across the yard.


“Dad, this is Pam.”


“Pam? The famous office girl, Pam?”


“That would be me.” She relished the fact that he talked about her to his parents.


“Nice to finally meet you. I’m James.”


A smile spread across her face. “Jim never told me he was a James the second.”


“Actually he’s the third.”


“Wow, you just out did Dwight!”


“And that’s why we waited to meet my dad last.”


An old dog walked up to Pam with the tennis ball in her mouth and dropped it. She leaned over to pet the dog.


“That’s Sammy. She’s the other girl in my life.”


Jim’s dad threw the ball again across the yard and Sammy casually walked over to it.


“What are you guys doing today?”


“I was going to take Pam to Center City. Eat some lunch. Some other things.”


“Well, have fun. Dinner should be done when you get back.” His dad lifted the lid of the grill next to him. He had a whole chicken propped up on a beer can. “You ever had beer can chicken?”


“Can’t say that I have.”


“You’ll like it.”


“If I don’t then I’ll just put it on Jim Halpert the third’s plate.”


“I like her Jim. She’s a keeper!”


She hit him with her elbow. “Did you hear that? Keeper. That’s me.”


“He likes everyone.” His dad shook his head no.


“That kind of hurt.” She joked.


“Deal with it Beesly.”


She followed him back into the house. “Let me just tell my mom that we’re going and grab a few things. Then we can head out.”


Pam had never really been around Philadelphia. She had been to the Phillies’ ballpark, and she had been to the Museum of Art, but she had never just walked around Philadelphia.


Jim parked his car when they got to Fairmount Park. They walked around just taking everything in. It was beautiful. There wasn’t anything in Scranton that was like this place. This place was massive and amazing. They sat on the grass and ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that he had made at home.


Afterwards Jim showed her around town. Just walking. It was nothing extravagant. He just pointed out some of his favorite buildings. It was the perfect date.


“I’m in love with Philadelphia.”


He laughed. “Are you sure it just wasn’t the company?”


“Maybe.”


When they got back to Jim’s house his parents were finishing up dinner. They went back downstairs to his room. They sat on his couch.


“This is awkward that I have to ask this, but what are we? I mean, who did you tell your parents I was?”


“I told them that you were my girlfriend.”


She was relieved. She thought about how bad it would have sucked if he would have said that she was just his friend. “Good.”


He began kissing her and one of his hands moved to her breast. It was the first time that he had copped a feel. He looked at her face to make sure it was okay. She didn’t look upset and she didn’t pull away. Jim heard the door to the basement open. He jumped to the other side of the couch.


“Dinner’s ready you guys,” His mom yelled down.


“They don’t care, huh?” She teased.


The family ate outside on the patio table.


“How was your afternoon?”


“Good, we ate some lunch, got married, and Pam’s having my baby.”


“That’s nice.”


“Did Jim tell you about his airplane phase?” Pam shook her head. “Well, when Jim was 4 he wanted to be an airplane when he grew up. So one day he strapped some wood to his arms and jumped out to the tree. He broke his arm in three places.”


Pam grabbed Jim’s hand under the table and squeezed it.


“We asked him what he wanted to be the next day and he said a car.”


“Aw, I think you would have been a cute car.”


They sat around the table for a few more hours and Pam just talked with his family. It got late and Pam was getting ready to leave.


“Are you going to be okay to drive?”


“It’s just two hours.”


“My dad said you could stay.”


“I don’t think that will end well.”


He wrapped his arms around her. “I’ll sleep on the couch. And it’s not like we haven’t slept in the same bed before.”


“I really have to go.” She really didn’t want to go.


“Call me if you get tired. Actually just call me when you get on the highway.”


“I will.”


He walked her out to her car and kissed her one last time. She waved as she drove away.


He walked back in the house and his dad was waiting for him on the couch. He sat down next to him.


“Is she the one?”


“I think so.”



.
Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter Pam gets some news, could be good or bad, you'll just have to wait.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans