- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pam spends the night in Jim's room.
.



They were lying in bed. His long legs were poking out from the bottom of the blanket. His legs were fidgeting around.


“That was...”


“I know,” he said while looking up at the ceiling. “Sorry.”


“Don’t apologize.” She would have made a joke, but she could tell that it wouldn’t have helped.


“It’s just—it’s been a year since... I don’t know.” He let out a sigh before turning to face her for the first time. “Can we not count that?”


“Are we counting now?”


“You know what I mean.”


“No.” She kissed him on the jaw. “We won’t count that.”


He put his head back on the pillow and she watched his face go red again.


“Are you embarrassed?” She said leaning over him.


He frowned a bit.


“Cheer up Charlie!”


He pursed his lips to the side of his face. She sat all the way up and moved onto his lap. She grabbed his arms and pulled him up so he was now sitting. She wrapped her arms around him. He avoided looking in her eyes. He felt like he was 17 all over again, but that time really didn’t count. He didn’t love that girl and she definitely didn’t love him. She wouldn’t have slept with that football player the next week if she had. He was finally with the only girl he’s ever loved and he couldn’t even control his own body.

She moved her hands to the sides of his face and turned it until he had no choice but to look at her. She kept her hands there while she kissed him briefly on the side of his mouth. He finally wrapped his arms around her. Pulling her close, “This is not how I imagined it.”


“If everything turned out the way we imagined then what would be the point of ever trying anything?”


He nuzzled her neck and breathed her scent in before nipping at her neck. Now he had something to prove, not to her, but to himself. He could have sex with Pam without spazzing out. She let a small gasp escape when his teeth found her shoulder.


“Maybe we should go slower this time,” he suggested between the nips.


“Uh-huh.” She nodded as her eyes lids seemed to be getting heavier.


He moved the hair away from her neck and kissed the back of it. This time was everything he hoped for and so much more. Now he knew why they called it ‘making love.’ They laid in his bed, legs tangled and he rested his eyes for a minute. She must have thought that he had fallen asleep. She reached for his hand that was lying on her thigh and held it.


“I love you,” she whispered into the air. He moved closer to her and she jumped a bit not expecting him to move. His fingers closed around hers. He opened his eyes and watched as her eyes slowly closed. He watched her sleep for an hour before he fell asleep himself.


In the morning it was surreal waking up next to her. Her face was lying on his pillow staring back at him when he opened his eyes. He smirked as he realized that last night was real.


“Can we lay here all day?”


“I have to get back. It was only supposed to be a short drive. Plus, don’t you have class?”


He looked back at the clock. “Yeah, but not for another two hours and I think your parents probably realized where you’re at already.”


“You might be my dad’s new least favorite person now.”


“I’m okay with that as long as I’m your new favorite person.”


“I dunno. It’s really a toss up between you and Karen.”


“Karen?”


“I forgot to tell you, I saw her on the way up here and she basically ignored me.”


“What?”


“Did something else happen after that night?”


“No, I haven’t really talked to her, but she hasn’t really talked to me either though.” He sat up in bed. “I guess I was a little harsh with her.” Pam raised an eyebrow. “I just told her that we shouldn’t hang out for a while.”


He shrugged his shoulders. “Do you want to get some breakfast with me before you leave? You can’t drive on an empty stomach.”


He got out of bed and put on a pair of sweatpants that were sitting on his chair. She sat up taking the covers with her. “Can you pass me those?” She said pointing to the pile of her clothes on the floor.


He bent over and picked up her stuff and handed them to her. He thought that there was something endearing about her being so shy right now. She blushed when she raised the blanket to get the clothes and she was sure that he had seen something. He strolled back over to the bed and lifted the covers to climb back into the bed.


He put his hand on her hips as he climbed on top of her. He took her bra from her and put it on her. Then he grabbed her shirt and slipped it back over her head.


She wasn’t really sure why he was doing this, but it may have been the most sensual thing she had ever been involved in. He finished dressing her and she wanted to take it all back off. He picked up a shirt from the floor and threw it on.


She watched him put on his shoes and for a second she thought that he couldn’t be real. There had to be something wrong with him. No one could be this amazing. He opened the door and they walked down the hallway and out of the building.


She wasn’t really looking forward to eating this food, but she had been kind of spoiled when it came to food for the past few months. They walked throw the crowd and looked for a table, but out of the corner of her eye she saw Dwight. Dwight with a girl, that wasn’t Angela. This girl was the very antithesis of Angela. She was tall and perky. She was actually smiling, and her clothes would have made Angela pray for that girl’s soul.


Pam nudged Jim and pointed.


“You’ve got to be kidding me!?!?”


“Do you know her?”


“Umm... yes, one could say that I know her. Dwight definitely knows her better though.”


“Who is she?”


“She’s a stripper.”


“No,” she sighed. “Can we please sit with them?”


Jim shook his head.


“Wait, how do you know that she’s a stripper?”


“Oh...uh...mmmm. Did I not tell you that we stopped by the strip club before the bar on my birthday?”


She laughed. “Dwight picked up a girl at the strip club!”


Pam didn’t care if Jim didn’t want to sit with them, she walked towards their table. She tried to act surprised when she saw him sitting there. “Dwight!”


“Hey Pam. When did you get back?”


“Just a few days ago.”


Jim caught back up and stood behind Pam with his tray of food. He gave Dwight a nod to say hello.


“Do you guys want to join us?” The girl said.


“Sure.” Pam sat down next to the girl. “I’m Pam, that’s Jim,” she said to her.


“Elizabeth.” She smiled.


Jim wanted to know how and why Dwight was sitting with Elizabeth as much Pam did, but he felt guilty about going to the strip club and not telling Pam about it. If he would have paid attention though, she clearly didn’t care.


Pam sat quietly trying to think of a tactful way to ask how she knew Dwight, but then she noticed the chemical engineering book sitting next to Elizabeth. “So, are you an engineer too?”


“Me? Yeah. We’ve been helping each other study for our Polymer Chemistry final.”


Jim stared at Dwight with his mouth open. Dwight just smiled and undoubtedly was pleased with his current situation. Jim was happy for him though. He never told anyone about Dwight and the hair clippers incident. No one seemed to notice or care that Dwight was acting less normal now and more like Dwight K. Schrute.


They finished breakfast and Dwight and Elizabeth headed to class. Jim and Pam went back to his room. She waited in his room while he showered. She barely heard the tiny knock at the door. She looked out the peephole and didn’t see anyone. She cracked the door and Angela was standing there.


“Hey Angela. Jim’s not here, he’s in the shower.”


She knew something was wrong when Angela didn’t give her a nasty look when she said Jim was in the shower.


“Can I come in?”


“Yeah.” She opened the door wider and let Angela in.


As soon as she closed the door Angela’s face dropped. “Who was that girl with Dwight?”


Pam knew that look, that look of secret longing in Angela’s eye. Angela was still in love with Dwight.



.
Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter we find out what Pam and Angela talked about. Thanks for hanging with me. I'm really trying to go back to posting every night again.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans