- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim and Pam take opposites sides on the Dwight and Angela break up.
.


Pam was driving up to stay with Jim again. He had his last final this afternoon and he thought they could get in some quality time before Christmas. It didn’t take much convincing. They didn’t really get in a whole lot of talking last time, she suspected that this time wouldn’t be any different and she was okay with that. They did enough talking for the last seven months.


She pulled up to a small house that she thought might have been a large garage to the bigger house just feet away. She hadn’t seen Kelly yet, and as sad as it was Kelly was still one of her closest friends. Pam walked up to the door and stood on the pink welcome mat. She rang the door bell and watched as the curtain on the window opened and Kelly’s face peaked through.


“PAM!” Kelly squealed and Pam could hear her through the window.


Kelly swung the door open and screamed her name one more time before embracing her while bouncing on the balls of her feet.


“Hey Kel.” She patted her lightly on the back hoping that would be enough to end the hug, but apparently Kelly’s hug were relative to the amount of time it had been since you last saw her. The longer it was, the longer the hug.


“I have soooo much to tell you!” She said finally pulling away.


Kelly motioned for Pam to enter the house. She braced her self for the barrage of pink, but it never came. The room was still bright, but it was like Kelly had discovered the existence of other colors. There were purples and oranges and greens and, yes a touch of pink. Kelly didn’t have a roommate, so she wasn’t sure where this sudden interest in other colors came from.


Kelly gave Pam a quick tour of the house. It was quick because the house wasn’t big enough to give a long tour. The bedroom looked like a closet. The bed fit perfectly into the corner and left two feet of walking room to the left. She didn’t have a desk in the room, but there was a shelf next to the bed that she had put her computer on. The kitchen was tiny and Pam could see that Kelly did her best to try and off set the bland olive green color with something brighter. The bathroom was actually quite spacious; it was easily twice the size of the kitchen. They went back into the living room and Kelly sat down on the couch.


“How are you and Ryan?” She knew she was opening a can of worms, but better that she bring it on herself then have it sprung on her when she wasn’t mentally prepared. “Is there a you and Ryan?”


She let out an exasperated sigh.


“If you would have been here this would have never happened. He broke up with me because he said he needed space, but he didn’t need space while we were having sex in his room last night.”


“Gross Kelly.”


“I wish he would just commit to this relationship already. I knew the first time I saw him that we were going to get married.”


“Hmm...”


“And I can tell he’s going to be such a good husband.”


Pam wanted to ask how she knew that, but really Kelly probably didn’t know anyways.


“So you and Jim, huh?”


“Yeah.” Pam couldn’t help but to smile.


“I just about screamed when I heard.” She did scream when she heard. “You guys are as cute as Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon, before they got a divorce obviously.”


Pam heard a tiny buzzing coming from her purse. She grabbed the phone and saw Jim’s name appear on the screen. She held out a finger to tell Kelly to wait a minute before she elaborated on her comparisons between her and Jim and some famous couple that had gotten divorced.


“Hey.”


“I just got out my class and I’m walking back. Is it possible for you to be in my bed when I get back?”


She chuckled. “Probably not.”


“Shoot. Seriously though, are you in town yet?”


“Yeah, I’m at Kelly’s.”


“Is that Jim? What are you guys talking about?” Kelly asked.


“Ditch her and meet me at the office.”


Pam covered the mouth piece. “He said he wants me to ditch you and meet him.”


“Pam? You still there?”


“Yeah, I’ll be there in a few minutes.”


“Great, I’ll be the hot one standing by the office.”


“The one with the skinny legs?”


“Ugh. They’re not skinny anymore. Hurry,” he said before hanging up the phone.


Pam tossed the phone back into her bag and looked back at Kelly.


“Are you guys sleeping together?”


Pam’s cheeks became red and she tried to laugh it off, but Kelly could tell.


“I have to go.” She stood up and Kelly followed her to the door. “I’ll be here for the next few days, so if you aren’t leaving anytime soon we should get lunch or something.”


“You are, aren’t you?” She yelled at Pam as she walked down the sidewalk. “You’re sleeping with Jim!”


“Bye.” She waved before got in her car.


Pam never talked to anyone about her sex life. She never had anyone to talk to about it.


When she walked into Dunder Hall Jim was leaning against the wall. He was right; he was the hot one standing by the office. A smile crept across his face as she got closer. He met her half way and kissed her gently on the mouth. “Where’s your bag at?” He whispered in a low husky voice that she had never heard come from him before.


“It’s in the car.” She felt like her voice was going to crack.


He licked his lips and her legs wobbled a little. If they didn’t get upstairs now she was going to fall. She hit the button for the elevator and the both got on. Once on his floor they walked calmly to his door, but as soon as he put that key in the door she jumped him. He didn’t have the door closed before she was already pulling off his coat and pulling at the buttons on his shirt.


Jim helped her with the buttons as they tripped over to the bed. The first time was slow and beautiful. This time was going be fast and hot. He pulled her shirt off in one quick move and pushed her back on the bed. She grabbed his unbuttoned shirt and pulled him towards her. His hands were everywhere when there was a knock at the door. She looked at the door, but he ignored it. His hands played with the top of her jeans. The knock was louder the second time.


“Jim?” It was Karen.


He let out a groan and continued kissing Pam.


She knocked again. She was relentless. Jim groaned again, but this one came from annoyance. He rolled off the bed and stomped over to the door. He cracked the door open enough to see Karen and Karen’s eyes immediately moved to his stomach. He saw this and he grabbed the two sides and held them together with one hand.


“What?” He asked trying not to sound too annoyed.


“We... uh...” She shook her head and tried to regain her composure. “We’re supposed to start going through rooms today.”


Shit, he knew he was forgetting something. “Give me a minute.” He looked back at Pam and threw up his hands in defeat. He moved behind the door and buttoned his shirt back up. He walked back up to Pam and leaned over and kissed her one last time. “This is going to take awhile. I’ll leave my key for you in case you want to go somewhere or you can just lie there like that. Up to you though, no pressure.”


He backed out of the room towards Karen. The door closed and Pam threw her head back on the pillow. She used to really like Karen, now though, now she was a huge pain in her ass. Pam grabbed her shirt and slid it back on. She went back downstairs to the office.


Phyllis was sitting at her desk with stacks of papers sitting in front of her. She wasn’t in that famous good mood everyone has been saying she was in. “You want some help?”


Phyllis looked up and saw Pam. Her hard look softens. “Can you file this stack for me?”


Pam nodded and took the stack of papers over to the counter. She used her chin to steady it. She was half way through the stack when she saw Jim get off of the elevator with Karen. He gave her a knowing smile. They walked in and placed some papers in Stanley’s mailbox. Karen walked out without a word to either of them and Pam tried her hardest no to roll her eyes.


“Ready?” He said from behind her, whispering in her ear. His hands clench at her sides.


“I have to finish this first.” She laughed because although she couldn’t see his face she knew he wasn’t smiling anymore.


His hands slowly released her and he moved next to her. He put his elbows on the counter and his hands cradled his face. There’s yelling coming from the TV lounge and Jim leaned further over the counter to get a peak. Angela rushed through the door and past them and out the front entrance. Dwight walked through the door seconds later and tries to ignore the looks he’s was getting from Pam and Jim. He walked over to the stairwell and pulled the door open.


Jim glanced over at Pam. “I’ll be right back.” He jogged over to the stairs and then he was gone. Thirty minutes later Jim still wasn’t back and she had finished. She didn’t know if she should wait or head up to his room. She decided to leave before Phyllis asked her to do something else. She knew she would have said yes, and it would have be one more hour until she and Jim could pick up where they left off at.


She waited in his room. She left the door cracked so he could just come in and they could get down to business. Ten minutes later the door opened and Jim slunk in. He came over to the bed and laid down.


“What was that all about?”


“Angela is angry that Dwight has moved on.”


“Oh.”


“But really, what right does she have to be mad? She’s with Andy.” Jim put his hands behind his head.


“I’m sure that’s not the whole story.”


“Sure it is. Angela thinks it okay for her to date different people, but Dwight is supposed to pine away for her for the rest of his life.”


“Uh-huh.” Her tone was just a little too sarcastic.


“You’re going to take Angela’s side on this?”


“You haven’t heard Angela’s side of the story yet, so I don’t think it’s fair to put the blame on her.”


“She broke his heart, Pam. What else is there to say? She’s being kind of a bitch if you ask me.”


She could feel anger boiling in her stomach. He didn’t see Angela on the verge of crying that day while he was in the shower. She thought Jim would be more understanding.


“No one asked,” she snapped.


He sat up and looked surprised. “You are taking her side.”


“Maybe the break up was as hard as it was on her as it was on him.”


“Just because she’s a girl doesn’t mean that she was any less cruel with him.”


“I didn’t say that.” She shook her head in disgust and laid back on the bed and turned on her side to face the wall. “You’re being a jerk.” She thought about how Angela stood in front of the door and waited for Pam to tell her who Elizabeth was to Dwight.


“Who was she?” She asked again with more force than Pam knew she had in her.


“Her name is Elizabeth. I think she’s his girlfriend.”


Her eyes grew wide, but she said nothing.


“He’s just trying to move on like you did.”


“I’m still in love with him.” She said quietly. Her voice sounded tightly wound like it would break if a tear dared to escape her eye.


“Why did you break up with him then?”


“My parents hated him when they met him this summer. They said that he was strange and that Martin women didn’t date men like that.”


“You broke up with Dwight for your parents?”


“Honor thy mother and father, Pam.” If Angela was Kelly she would have added ‘duh’ to the end of that sentence.


“And you think Andy is better husband material then Dwight?”


“My parents love him.”


“But you don’t. Fight for him then.”



Angela left that room on a mission. She was going to tell Dwight how she felt and break up with Andy, but when she found Dwight later that day he was with her. With that tall beautiful blonde girl and he looked so happy. She didn’t break up with Andy that day and instead had taken to giving Dwight the cold shoulder.


Jim rolled over and slid a hand up Pam’s shirt as he tried to kiss the back of her neck. She swatted his hand away.


“Wait,” he said while pushing himself up to look at her, “Are you really mad?”


“Kind of.”


He laughed and put his head back down on the pillow. His finger drifted to the skin on her side. His fingers made tiny circles until she turned to look at him.


He bit his bottom lip and she scooted her head closer to his.


“We just had our first small fight over Dwight and Angela. We are so sad.”


He put his arm behind her and pulled her closer and this time she didn’t hit him, she just gave into his kisses.


.
Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter: spring semester of their junior year.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans