- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Don’t throw rocks at me . . . I think this might just be the wake up call that Pam needs to realize that her feelings for Jim are “more than that”…. We've all had to watch someone we haven't admitted we like yet kiss someone else, haven't we? It gives you that weird, oogie feeling inside . . .
The lame title pays homage to one of the first steamy books I read as a young teenager called "Up in Seth's Room" -- I think it was the first time I saw the word 'coming' used in THAT context.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Pam sat on Jim’s bed, flipping through his yearbook, trying to find the basketball team photo. She wanted to see Jim in that sleeveless jersey, his skinny teenaged arms poking out. He was just too adorkable.

She liked being in his room, hanging out on his bed, sitting where he slept. She was tempted to pick up his pillow to see if it smelled like him. Maybe peek in a drawer to see what kind of underwear he wore. His desk at work only told her so many things. Here there were lots of secrets to discover. Like the yearbook.

She heard his footsteps in the hallway again.

“Hey, you didn’t tell me you were on student council—" She looked up smiling, but it wasn’t Jim in the doorway. It was Katy, looking pretty as usual, her silky red hair falling in loose curls over her shoulders. She wore a pale pink shirt which was unbuttoned far enough that Pam thought she could see a bit of her bra. Pam hadn’t known she was at the party, hadn’t known she was coming at all, and she felt a tickle of disappointment.

“Hey, Pam!” Katy smiled, friendly and warm. Cheerleader-esque. “How are you?”

“Good! I’m . . . good. How are you?”

Katy lowered her voice in a conspiratorial whisper. “Well, just a teensy bit drunk. Shhhh.” She giggled. “Where’s Jim? Ryan said he was up here.”

“Oh! Um, he’s in the bathroom, I think. We were just . . . I was just looking at his yearbook.” Pam felt guilty for some reason, even though looking at his yearbook is exactly what they had been doing. And Jim really was just in the bathroom. Still . . . she felt guilty.

Katy laughed. “Did you see his picture?! God, he was such a goofball, right? Amazing he turned out so good looking.”

Pam didn’t know what to say to that. Did she agree that he was good looking? Or that he used to be a goofball? She closed the yearbook and stood up.

“Where’s Roy?” Katy asked.

“Oh, he had something going on tonight.”

“Oh that’s too bad.” She gave Pam sort of a sad look, as if Pam wouldn’t be able to have fun at a party without her boyfriend. Katy had no way of knowing that Pam had actually been secretly happy when Roy told her he would be playing poker instead of going with her to Jim’s party. She hardly ever got to hang out with Jim outside of work, and if Roy were there he’d be itching to go home after an hour. Or he’d be wasted and loud. So she was relieved that she could attend the party alone, stay as long as she liked, not have to worry about Roy doing or saying something stupid. And Pam had been looking forward to seeing Jim’s house, talking to him, just hanging out. But now Katy was here. In his bedroom. Looking for him. Suddenly, Pam felt out of place.

“Yeah. Um. Hey, I’m going to go get a beer or something. You want one?”

“Oh, no, thanks. I had, like, three French Martinis with dinner. So I’m good.

“Okay, well . . . I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah. Definitely.”

Pam scooted past Katy out of the room, noticing that she even smelled pretty. She hesitated in the hallway and was about to turn to go downstairs when she heard the toilet flush and the bathroom door open. For some reason she couldn’t explain, she didn’t want Jim to see her, to catch her in the hallway all flustered after talking to Katy, so she slipped into the room across the hall from Jim’s and pushed the door slightly closed. As her eyes adjusted to the dark, she saw that it was an extra bedroom with some cardboard boxes and an air mattress on the floor.

She heard Jim’s footsteps in the hallway and hid behind the door.

“Just promise me you won’t look at my freshman year because that will—“ Jim halted, his voice changing from casual to surprised. “Oh! Hey!”

“Hey yourself.” Katy’s voice was sexy.

“I thought you were Pam. She was just . . .”

“Hmm? Oh, yeah. She went downstairs, I think.”

“Oh. Well. What are you doing here? I thought it was girls’ night out?”

“It was. But Lisa was feeling sick so we called it an early night. Michelle dropped me off. I forgot you were having your work thing tonight.”

“Yeah. . . . She dropped you off? Do you . . . need a ride home?”

“Mmmm, not exactly…” Pam watched through the crack in the door as Katy walked up to Jim and ran her hands up his chest. She looked up at him with a sultry sort of look. Pam thought just maybe she was batting her eyelashes.

“Wait. Is this . . . a booty call?”

“God, you’re such a dork.”

“It is, isn’t it? You’re drunk and this is a booty call.” His voice was teasing. Maybe a little flattered, Pam thought.

“I’m just so ….” Katy made a frustrated, sexy sort of groan. “And I wanted to be with you.”

Pam realized she was holding her breath and let it out. She watched as Katy slipped her arms up around Jim’s neck, her hands in his hair, and pulled him down to kiss her. Pam couldn’t seem to look away. Although Katy was clearly the aggressor, Jim’s arms wrapped around Katy’s waist. They kissed for a long moment. Pam just watched Jim’s mouth, the way it opened against Katy’s. The way Katy’s bottom lip caught between his. She watched Katy’s fingers in Jim’s hair, on his neck. Katy finally pulled away and rested her forehead against his chest.

“Mmm. You are such a good kisser.”

“Okay, Drunky McBoozer. Clearly that’s the alcohol talking.”

“Uh uh. You are. Guys like you are always good kissers.”

“Guys like me?”

“Sweet guys. Thoughtful guys.”

“Oh. You mean dorky guys.” There was a smile in Jim’s voice.

“No! Well, some of them are, but you’re not.” Katy hooked one of her hands in the waistband of Jim’s jeans and pulled his hips against hers. “You’re sexy.”

Jim laughed. “Yeah. Sure I am.”

You are, Pam thought, surprising herself. Katy slid her hands under Jim’s sweater. Pam wondered what his skin felt like.

“Hey, your hands are cold,” Jim protested.

“Then let’s warm them up.”

Pam couldn’t be sure but Jim seemed a little uncomfortable. “How much did you have to drink with dinner?”

Three French Martinis, Pam said in her head.

“Not that much.”

Katy stretched up for a kiss again. Jim obliged again. This time Pam thought she might have seen a hint of tongue, either hers or his, and the thought made her loose and warm inside. But also a bit nauseous. Pam watched as Katy slipped her hands up Jim’s back under his sweater.

“Mmmm,” she groaned impatiently. “How long ‘til all these people go home?” She asked the question against his mouth.

Jim pulled away to look at his watch. “I don’t know. We just started karaoke.”

Katy groaned. “Seriously? Karaoke?”

“Why don’t you come down. You could do a duet with Michael.”

He was teasing her and Pam felt a pang of jealousy.

“No way. That guy is just . . . ick.”

Jim’s face registered amusement at the description, and maybe a bit of annoyance? Pam couldn’t be sure.

“I’m just going to wait up here until people leave. Maybe lie down for a bit. Is that okay?”

“Um. Sure. I guess.”

Pam watched in shock as Katy unbuttoned her jeans and slipped out of them. Jim raised his eyebrows, watching.

“Just getting more comfortable.”

“O-kay . . .”

Katy pulled back the covers of Jim’s bed and slid between the sheets. She reached up and turned out the light.

Pam realized Jim would be heading downstairs in a minute and she needed to get down there before him. She certainly couldn’t explain that she was hiding in the extra bedroom like a peep show pervert, watching him and his girlfriend make out. As Jim turned to leave the room, she felt her heart in her throat. She was too late.

“Hey,” Katy called.

Jim turned back.

“C’mere.”

Jim stepped next to the bed and Katy got up on her knees. She pulled Jim towards her – Pam could just make out their silhouettes in the dark. It looked like Jim’s hands were maybe on her hips, his fingers touching the lace of her panties. A quiet moan escaped from Katy as they kissed and Pam forced herself to look away. She quickly scooted out of the room and down the stairs, her heart beating much too fast in her chest.

Chapter End Notes:
Hmmm. Not sure what's coming next. For sure some angst . . . and I'm sure some steam. And always a happy ending. Stay tuned! And PLEASE, I love reviews/comments!!!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans