- Text Size +
Candice turned to her co-anchor Eric with a big smile. "The Penn-York Highlanders really outdid themselves this year. That was fantastic."

"It was, Candice. I just can't get enough of them, can you?"

"No, I sure can't. What fun. But now, we've been mentioning that Katy from Work was coming up, and here she is, finally! She's been following the Highlanders around today."

"I hope she's wearing earplugs, Candice."

"So do I, Eric," Candice laughed. "There's no volume control on the Highlanders!"

The nearby monitor showed Katy sitting atop the back seat of a convertible, all bundled up in her winter coat and wearing a green scarf with shamrocks around her neck. She smiled widely at the people to her left and right, waving casually. Every so often, she seemed to see friends in the audience and would wave more wildly at them and shout a hello.

Eric looked at the close-up on the monitor. "She's just the very picture of an Irish girl on St. Patrick's Day, isn't she?"

"She sure is, Eric. The funny thing about Katy is that she didn't get a lot of air time in the documentary, since she doesn't actually work at Dunder Mifflin, but she just caught fire with the audience; they loved her from the start."

"That's right, and who wouldn't, Candice?"

"Well, Jim Halpert, for one," replied Candice with a smile and raised eyebrows. "But I guess we can forgive him for that - he was so clearly in love with Pam Beesly."

"True. And our audience can rest assured that Katy has recovered quite nicely from any heartbreak she may have experienced during the filming," said Eric.

"Yes, it's time for an update on Katy," Candice said, "and we can tell you that not only has Katy taken Scranton by storm, but she's been contacted about selling her purses on-line and in boutique stores. And, Eric, she's also gotten a number of marriage proposals from strangers."

Eric nodded in agreement, smiling. "Well, I can understand that. Our Katy is a lovely girl. For all those lonely-hearted men out there, though, I'm afraid that Katy isn't interested. She won't give any details, but she told us in an exclusive WBRE interview that she's ‘taken.'"

"Well, Eric, we're surely taken with her. And she looks beautiful today. Irish eyes are truly smiling."

"Indeed," agreed Eric. "And speaking of Irish eyes, passing now are the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick and the Society of Irish Women, crowd pleasers every year, and this year is no exception..."


Chapter End Notes:

More chapters to come, until we've found out what has happened to all the Workers.

Thanks to Swedge and Azlin.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Too Late Kev is the author of 22 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Saint Patrick's Day: I Love a Parade also liked 1214 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Holiday: Just One Day Out Of Life. The previous story in the series is Palm Sunday: Welcome to Stanley Hudson's Life. The next story in the series is Easter: Eggsact Position -- Schrute Farms.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans