- Text Size +

“What did you do?” Dwight stared at his desk. It was covered in something… something slightly shiny, but clear. He walked slowly over, examining it from every angle before actually touching it.

            “Well, Dwight. It appears your desk has been covered in saran wrap. Wow. That’s rough.”

            “Don’t lie Jim, I know you did this!”

            “You’re right Dwight. I did.” Jim replied nonchalantly, turning to face his computer screen.

            “What?” Dwight paused, unsure of what to do now. “You admitted it. Phyllis? You heard that, right. You will tell Michael that he admitted it.”

            “What Dwight? I didn’t hear anything.”

            “Stanley? Andy?” Dwight questioned, frantically, but was met with silence.

            “Jim, you need to sign a statement, admitting fault, which I will turn in to Toby. Toby will turn it over to the HR department at corporate” Dwight laughed proudly, “I would not expect to have a job much longer if I were you.”

            “One second, Dwight, I’m on the phone,” Jim quickly picks up his phone, and starts dialing. “Hello, yes. May I speak to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock? Yes, I’ll hold.”

            “Jim! Jim, are you going to sign the statement or not?”

            “Dwight, Phone.” Pam called over.

            Sure enough, Dwight’s phone was ringing –muffled from the saran wrap covering it. “One second,” Dwight said, as if the person on the other line could hear him. He was trying to untangle the saran wrap so he could lift his phone. He reached for his scissors, only to find his drawers wrapped shut. He quickly ripped the wrap off, only to find his scissors encased also.

            Dwight groaned in disgust. He could hear his phone ringing, and he knew the customer wouldn’t wait that much longer. He had to get the phone answered quickly before he lost a sale.

            He quickly opened the scissors and cut through to the phone.
            “Dunder Mifflin, this is Dwight.” He answered, saying the words as fast as he could, as if that would make up for the long wait.

            “Hello, I am looking for Princess Consuela,” Jim answered.

            Dwight hung up in disgust. “This is not funny Jim. I demand you help me clean up this mess and tell Toby what you did.”

            “Sorry, Dwight. No can do. Busy day, lots of calls to make, you know how it is.”

            “Here, Dwight. Let me help you.” Pam offered, getting up from her desk.

            “No…” Dwight paused. “You’re in on it. You probably helped him.”

            “Dwight, let me help.” Pam started to unwrap his desk.

            “No! I will do it myself to prevent further shenanigans from occurring.”

            Pam smiled as she walked past Jim. Phase one – complete.

 

            When Michael entered a few minutes later… phase two was ready to begin.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans