- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After 27 days apart, Jim and Pam are finally together.

Their eyes stayed locked for the last few seconds as Pam made her way down to the end of the escalator. As soon as her feet hit solid ground, he was already halfway to her, his bag long forgotten, as he willed his feet to move faster to get to her. Pam, too, dropped her bag and ran over to meet him. He knocked the breath out of her when he threw his arms around her, lifting her a few feet off the ground.

For the first time in nearly a month, the tears running down Pam’s face were anything but sad. She didn’t have time to even speak before Jim set her back down on the ground and pressed his lips to hers, leaving no room for air. Her lips tingled with the familiar, but almost forgotten feel of him. She knew people were staring, but she didn’t care. The only thing she cared about was the man holding her, doing ungodly things to her lips, his hand resting on her swollen stomach.

Jim finally removed his lips from hers, but didn’t make any effort to release his grip around her body. He caught his breath and finally spoke, looking at her through his misty eyes.

“I can’t believe it’s really you.” He whispered, his voice full of emotion.

“I know.” She smiled, her first real grin in nearly a month.

“I’m guessing my boss was in on this…”

“Yeah, he helped me plan it. I decided to fly in early, because I wanted to be here for your big day.”

“Oh, Pam. That’s why I love you. I’m so glad you’re finally here.” He leaned down for another kiss, before releasing his death grip on her, and walking back to pick up her hastily discarded bag. The walked hand in hand to baggage claim, then set off for his hotel.

---------------------------

“Are you nervous?” Pam asked as they got off the freeway. Jim had his hand on her stomach, and she had her hand up on his shoulder, her fingers playing with the hair on the back of his neck (his 2nd favorite thing she did).

“Not anymore.”

“Why’s that?”

“You’re here.”

Pam grinned, and quickly leaned over to kiss his cheek while they sat at a red light.

“I can’t believe you’re going to be on talk radio.”

“I know! I thought it was a joke, but Keith usually isn’t one to joke around, especially when Bill is around. I wonder why they chose me.”

“I think we both know the answer to that question. You’re clearly awesome, that’s why.”

“I know, right!”

“Yeah. Keith told me why, by the way.”

“What?!” Jim turned to stare at her for a second, before turning his attention back to the road.

“He did. He said you’ve blown everyone away with your work. It was only natural that they chose you to be on the radio program tomorrow. You’re doing a great job, Jim. I’m so proud of you.”

Jim gave her hand a squeeze, and turned to give her a wink. “I owe this to you, you know.”

“Why’s that?”

“Because you’re the one who convinced me to take this internship. And, because you and Jackson are my inspiration.”

“Your inspiration, eh?”

“Yep. Thinking of you two…well, three, makes me write better.” He looked over at her for, giving her a grin that made her heart melt.

“You’re so cute.” She returned his grin as he pulled into the hotel parking garage.

“Home sweet home.” He said, and gave her a quick peck on the lips as he got out of the car to get her luggage.

A few minutes later they were finally in his hotel room. Pam was pleasantly surprised at the condition of his room, knowing how messy he was at home.

“Wow, Jim. Seriously, why can’t you be this clean at home?” She asked playfully.

“Well…cleaning was the only thing that took my mind off of missing my family, so…”

“You must have missed us a ton, because this room is spotless!”

She looked over at him from across the room when he didn’t respond. He had his hand is his pockets, his body leaning up against the wall, gazing intensely at her. She recognized that look from anywhere, and returned it with one of her own. The corners of his mouth turned up into a mischevious smile.

“C’mere, you.”

Pam slowly made her way over to him, never breaking eye contact. The smile he had was long gone, replaced by a burning gaze that made her pulse quicken. She finally reached him, but stood back a few inches, not wanting to give in just yet. He tilted his head to the side, a questioning look on his face. She reached out a caught ahold of his belt loops, and yanked him, rather forcefully towards her. His hands flew out of his pockets and went straight to her hips when she caught his bottom lip between her teeth, pulling slightly, but letting go at just the right moment to give him what he was waiting for.

Something between a moan and a long sigh sounded in his throat as their lips became reaquained with each other. His hands made their way up to her neck, pressing her head in closer to deepen the kiss. Just as his hands began to roam down her back, and beyond , she suddenly pulled away from his lips and took a step back.

“What…what’s wrong?” He managed to spit out, his breathing heavy and his voice flustered.

“I’m thirsty.”

“What? Right now?"

“Yeah, do you mind going and getting me some ice?”

“Are you serious?” He sounded annoyed and confused.

“Yes.” She put both hands on her bump and looked at him with puppy dog eyes. “Please?” She loved playing the pregnant card. Worked like a charm every time.

“Yeah. For Christ sakes, Pam. Are you trying to kill me?” He tried to sound stern, but she knew him better. He’d walk across water for her, so she knew ice wasn’t that big of a deal…even if she did ask at the worst possible time. Little did he know just what she had up her sleeve.

Jim walked over to grab the ice bucket, and said “I’ll be back in a few” before shutting the door behind himself.

As soon as the door shut and latched, Pam ran frantically over to her suitcase. She stripped in record time and threw on her latest lingerie purchase, a little pink number, one that might possibly break his brain. It accentuated her bump, but she knew that would turn him on even more. He always called her a ‘sexy pregnant’.

She sat and leaned back on the edge of the bed, her arms propping her up as she patiently waited for him to come back.

-----------------------------

Later that night, after Jim had thoroughly welcomed Pam to Arizona…several times, they sat together watching bad TV and eating stale popcorn. Jim was sitting up, his back against the headboard, and Pam was sitting on his lap. It wasn’t the most comfortable position or the best entertainment, but there was no where else either of them would rather be.

Jim had his arms around her middle, his hands wandering all over body, mostly around her stomach.

“Hey, baby’s got the hiccups. Give me your hand.”

He leaned over and grabbed the remote to quickly turn Seinfeld off. The room was cast in a romantic glow, as she took his hand in hers and pressed it to her now exposed stomach. Jim rested his head on her shoulder and gazed down at their intertwined fingers laying over her belly. He could feel the baby's soft hiccups every few seconds, followed by a kick or two.

"I think he knows his daddy." She said softly, leaning farther back into his chest.

Jim didn't speak, he was still in awe of this life they created, and the fact that Pam was finally in his arms again.

He stared down at them for a few more moments, then pressed a kiss to her neck, letting his lips linger there.

“I missed this.” He finally whispered.

“Me too.”

“I love you.”

“Prove it.”

“Don't mind if I do.”

Chapter End Notes:
Like it? Hate it? Is there something you'd like to see? Let me know!

Here's a visual of Pam's 'little pink number' just in case you want to take a peek: http://www.euphoriamaternity.com/in-ol-lingerie-pk.html


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans