- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim and Pam try to decide on a name for baby #2

“Hanson.”

“Hanson Halpert?!” Pam chuckled. “Noooooo, thanks.”

“Come on! It’s got a nice ring.”

“I will not let my child have a ‘cutesy’ name.”

“So picky…”

“I have to give birth to the watermelon, so I get to be picky.” She knew he couldn’t argue with that. “How about Evan?”

“Nah, Evan is too much of a…preppy name. How about Scott?”

“Too generic.” Pam let out a long sigh. “You’d think this would be easier the second time around, but that’s not proving to be the case.”

“It’s too bad we’re not having a girl yet. Paige Beesly Halpert was significantly easier to name than baby #2.”

“I can’t believe we’ve already named our unborn, unconceived, daughter. Is that normal, ‘cause I’m thinking not.”

“Probably not. It’s okay, though, because we’re so much better than normal parents.”

“You go that right…and hotter too.” Yeah, Jim was pretty much the hottest dad ever, she thought. “Hey, I forgot to tell you what Jackson did today!”

“What?” Jim sat up in bed, he loved hearing Pam’s stories of Jackson. He sure missed his little boy.

“He was outside playing baseball with Derek, and he was having trouble holding the bat, because of his cast.” Pam tried to stop laughing long enough to finish her story. Jim was sitting on the edge of his bed, grinning, as he figured out what was going to happen next. “When I went out to bring them some water, Derek was pitching the ball to Jackson, and he was swinging his arm, using his cast as a bat.”

Jim burst into laughter. “Oh my God, Pam. How is it that our kid is so funny? I have no idea where he gets it from…seriously.”

“Yeah, right. I wonder…”

***BEEP***

Jim’s phone beeped, indicating he had an incoming call. He looked down at the Caller ID: Keith Horton

“Hey, babe, my boss is calling. Can I call you back?”

“Sure, bye hon.”

“Bye!”

Jim clicked over to his other line.

“Hey, Keith. What’s up?”

“Oh, hey, Jim! Sorry to call so late. I didn’t catch you at a bad time, did I?"

“No, I was just talking to my wife. What’s can I do for you?“

“Actually, I was hoping I could get you to come into work a little early tomorrow. Bill called me tonight, and he’d like to meet with you first thing in the morning.”

“Sure, I can get there early. 7:00 okay?”

“Yeah, that’s fine. Thanks, Jim. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Thanks, Keith. See you tomorrow.”

Jim shut his phone and sat down on his bed, too stunned to call Pam back yet. If your boss’ boss wanted to meet with you, it usually wasn’t good news.

He finally called Pam back, they talked for a while longer, and he finally went to bed. He didn’t sleep well that night, terrified of what was to come of the next day.

Chapter End Notes:

It's reader interaction time! What do YOU want Jim and Pam's baby to be named??? Submit your suggestions in the form of a review and I'll pick from those suggestions.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for reading!


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans