- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter title from "Hold It Down" by Unkle Bob.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Dear Pam,

I hope I'm not jumping the gun on this or anything, but I just bought a plane ticket to California for the 16th of January. I hope that's okay with you, but I figure since you invited me and all... Well, I think we'll have fun. Just like old times.

My New Year was kind of same-old-same-old. I went to my brother's house. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but nothing exciting. We weren't exactly talking about fine art, either. My uncle talked for half an hour about his surgery. I'll spare you the details because I'm a gentleman, but... wow. That's all I can say. Right now I'm just trying to gear myself up for NO SNOW. NO SNOW. I'm excited for that, obviously.

I'm glad you're having fun at work. You're doing a public service, helping hipsters pick out clothes. That's an important job. They need you. Seriously though, it's nice that you like waking up every morning and love going to work. Maybe someday I'll be able to say the same. As it stands right now, I... don't.

I hung the watercolor up in my room. I'm looking at it right now, actually. I still think it's great. And it definitely helps to balance out all the macho vibes in here. It's very soothing, too. Whenever Dwight bothers me at work I come home and just look at it and relax. So, yeah, I look at it every day.

I think I'm gonna save all the good stuff for when I visit. I don't want us to run out of stuff to say to each other and all. (It could happen. Maybe.)

love,
Jim

P.S. Since you invited me, you're obligated to pick me up at the airport. My plane lands at noon on the 16th, so... see you then.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans