- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter title from "California Brown and Blue" by Denison Witmer
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Pam,

The letter idea sounds great to me. Very Civil War soldier. Keep 'em coming.

Oh, and thanks for the P.S. etiquette lesson. I guess now I know. I'll just have to include everything I want to say in the actual letter, huh? Maybe I should write an outline on some index cards, so, you know, I don't forget anything. Ha, no. Writing a letter shouldn't be like SAT prep. Not that I ever prepped for the SAT, but all my friends who actually studied for it said it was a lot of work. I just flew by the seat of my pants. I've always been a very daring guy.

Speaking of a daring guy - Michael got a temporary tattoo. On the small of his back, Pam. On the small of his back! He's got an appointment for the real thing on Tuesday (during work hours, naturally) but I think his passion for "skin art," as he says, will die pretty quickly once he realizes they really use needles. But right now he's got a hodge podge of temporary tattoos on the small of his back. It's Marvin the Martian surrounded by barbed wire, a bulldog, three basketballs, and the word Hot spelled with flames. It's really tasteful, obviously. I wish you could see it. He wears his shirt rolled up so everyone can look at it all day.

I'm surprised the new receptionist hasn't quit yet. She told me she's terrified of answering phones, so that's... interesting. She's really nice though and seems relatively normal. The only thing is - she's a psychology major, so I feel like she's always analyzing everyone. I'm tempted to ask what she thinks happened to Dwight in his childhood.

Can Maddie get me some autographs? Talking to her seems like it'd be fun. I doubt she'd be as entertaining as my grandfather, who can spend 45 minutes talking about the hardware store he used to own downtown. Different types of lumber, wrenches, hammers, nails and screws - are you jealous yet? Because I haven't even mentioned the time he personally sold a ball-peen hammer to the mayor's cousin.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you have good mornings (and days in general I guess). Better than waking up every morning and coming to Dunder-Mifflin. I've got a week of vacation days saved up and, wow, can't wait to use them.

I put a picture of one of your beach watercolors up on my desk. It's really good. Like, really good. Any chance I could get an original to hang up? The picture of a picture will only cut it for so long. I want a Pam original. I'm glad you're painting so much. You've got a lot of talent and I'd hate to see it go to waste. I'm proud of you.

I also definitely used your prank idea. For a little something extra, I also hid all the pens in his immediate radius and the ones on the supply shelf. He got so frustrated he started writing with one of the broken pencil tips. It was, needless to say, the highlight of my day. You haven't lost your edge. I'm glad.

How'd your cooking go? Are you Top Chef yet?

Wish you were here.

- Jim

P.S. I'm going to take a picture of Michael's tattoo soon. He's very proud of it.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans