- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Still don't own anything...
EXT – Chili’s parking lot.

Angela is standing by her car as Dwight walks out of the restaurant. He slowly approaches her.


DWIGHT
Hello, Angela. It would appear that I have consumed too many beverages of high alcohol content. Do you think it would be possible for you to give me a ride home?

ANGELA
Nobody’s watching us.

DWIGHT
I know.

They stare at each other for a moment before they leap into each other’s arms and start full-on making out against her car.

INT – Inside Chili’s restaurant.

Josh and Natalie are gathering their things from the table and heading out of the restaurant.


JOSH
Dude, my brother is engaged! What the hell?

NATALIE
Why is that hard to believe?

JOSH
It's not, I guess. It's just... My big brother's growing up.

NATALIE
Aww... Are you going to cry? Just like you did at the end of Grey's Anatomy?

JOSH
Hey, Meredith and Derek had finally found their way back to each other! She made a house out of friggin' candles. That's romantic as hell.

Natalie just laughs. They begin walking toward the exit, and they see Kevin sitting at the bar, looking miserable.

JOSH
Hey. You alright, man?

KEVIN
Boston won.

JOSH
You bet on the Lakers?

KEVIN
$200.

JOSH
But the Celtics had home court advantage. They hardly lost a home game all season.

Kevin glares at Josh.

KEVIN
Well, maybe you could have told me that information BEFORE I threw away my entire life savings!

Kevin storms out of the restaurant as Josh and Natalie share an amused look.

INT – Chili’s.

Holly and Michael are walking out of the backroom with Dwight, carrying his many boxes of costumes.


HOLLY
It’s too bad Jan couldn’t make it out tonight.

MICHAEL
Yeah, well. It’s Thursday night. She said it was important that she stay home because a new episode of The Apprentice was on. Its her favorite show.

HOLLY
Oh… Michael, I don’t think The Apprentice has been on for a couple of months now.

Michael stops dead in his tracks.

MICHAEL
You mean, she lied to me to get out of going to the Dundies? The most important awards show in the history of my entire life?

HOLLY
I'm sorry, Michael.

Michael sighs angrily.

EXT – Chili’s parking lot.

Everyone is walking out of the restaurant. Pam and Jim are holding hands, walking close together. Pam looks up and gasps.


PAM
Oh my God.

Jim looks up and his jaw drops.

JIM
Oh my God.

Everyone starts to look up.

KELLY
Oh my God!

OSCAR
Oh my God!

PHYLLIS
Oh dear.

MICHAEL
Oh. Yuck.

ANDY
What the hell?!

The camera zooms around to show Dwight and Angela making out against the driver’s side door of her car. Angela immediately pulls away and smacks Dwight. He just stares at everyone as Andy stares at him, furious.

DWIGHT
Hello... Everyone. It would appear that I am drunk. Very… very drunk. You probably can not understand me, because I am slurring my words very badly.

He slowly walks up to Pam and leans in as if he’s going to kiss her.

PAM
Ew, Dwight! No! Get off me.

DWIGHT
Sorry. When I start drinking, I become an uncontrollable, sexual human being. Most women find me incredibly irresistible in this state. Especially engaged women.

He tries to kiss Pam again. Jim pulls him away.

JIM
Ok, Dwight.

Andy looks at Angela expectantly. Angela just gazes bashfully towards the ground.
Chapter End Notes:
Well, reviews would be wonderful. I kind of have an idea of where I would like to go next, but I would love to know what you all think. Are you enjoying it so far? Do you think the Jim/Pam convo and the engagement that followed was realistic and in tune with the show?


Nightswept is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Dundies, Take Two also liked 1334 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans