- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N: Meant to have this up this morning, but it was a crazy day! More of Pam’s POV. I promise it will get back to Jim’s soon, I just really felt that this needed to be said.

            The next two weeks were tough. Between moving out and canceling the wedding, Pam hardly had time to think – except to wonder if she made the right decision.

            She still hadn’t called Jim. She kept starting the call. She would dial the number only to stare at it on the screen. It was as if it was mocking her. 570-296-5927.

            It was the week of her wedding. “Or my would-have-been wedding,” she reminded herself. She needed to tell Jim. If she could cancel a wedding, she could call her best friend.

            She sat down on a couch in her new apartment. She took a deep breath and dialed the number. She felt sick, waiting for it to connect. When the electronic voice answered, saying the number was disconnected, her heart sank; she dropped her head into her hands. He changed his number. “Of course he has. He’s in Stamford now…”

           

            Pam didn’t move for nearly an hour, growing more and more dejected. She didn’t know what to do. Nothing seemed right – not email, not calling the office. She couldn’t drive up there. Everything she thought of she dismissed.

            Jim seemed a thousand miles away, and the more she thought about it, the farther it seemed.

 

            She realized it was a secret that started this thing – calling off the wedding, moving to a new apartment. But now she had a secret of her own. She frantically searched through her boxes. She knew she had some wedding magazines thrown in one of them. She had thrown them in with everything else when she moved out, not quite ready to get rid of everything she had been planning for the past three years.

            She found the picture she needed. The idea was already forming in her head. She stuck pieces of tape on top of the picture and scribbled her secret.

 

            She walked to the post office, guarding her secret. She didn’t want anyone to see it. The lobby was empty as she entered. She took a deep breath and slipped the card into the mailbox.

            She was free. Her secret was out in the open.

 

            i’ve given away all my secrets and i feel so free

Chapter End Notes:

Postcards:

Pam’s (aka reminder): http://i28.tinypic.com/2w5syef.jpg

Given Away My Secrets: http://i26.tinypic.com/350jo2h.jpg

 

Feedback is always appreciated.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans