- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Because I’ve gotten some questions on it, I want to make it clear. I made Pam’s and Jim’s postcards in photoshop. They are completely fake. The rest of the postcards are from PostSecret website or book. The little end postcards (like for this chapter – Edge of Something Big) – are just because I think they relate to the overall feel of the chapter. They are not ones the characters sent in, nor are they ones they have even seen. They are random. And also, they are the chapter titles.

Hope that clears some things up :) I don’t want to confuse everyone and have them thinking about that instead of the story.

 

Pam’s POV again.

            Her mom came down for the weekend, as a distraction for the wedding that wasn’t. She took Pam shopping, out to lunch, anything to take her mind off of what happened. She wanted more details, but was afraid to ask. Pam seemed guarded, and when asked about Jim, her eyes glazed over with tears. So, the conversation stayed on the happier side of things, such as new apartments, flowers, and family members.

            Pam woke up early out of habit on Sunday. She lay in bed until she remembered her secret. It was almost sickening waiting to see if it was posted. What would it feel like seeing it out there, for everyone to see? Would anyone she knew read it? Would anyone be able to realize it was hers? She silently cursed herself for using her own handwriting. She felt as if it was a big red sign – ‘Pam Beesly wrote this secret!’

            She started scrolling through the secrets, not even reading them. Then she saw hers. The two people at the altar, the tape covering the picture. The words.

            It was up there.

            Pam’s emotions were all over the place. She was amazed, shocked, scared, sick, happy, nervous, confused. Her thoughts were racing. She never expected to feel this way. It felt freeing as she sent in the secret, now she was full of worry. It seemed to real now. The big red sign grew. How could anyone not realize it was her secret? What if someone told Roy? Told Jim?

            She wanted the secret down, off the page, anything. She wanted to forget that secret, she wanted to move on.

But she couldn’t. She knew that. Even if the secret disappeared, she knew it was still true. She called off her wedding because of Jim. And it was too late. He moved, he was in another state. He wouldn’t want the mousy receptionist from Scranton anymore, not now.

            Maybe now she really could move on; at least, she hoped she could.

 

            That’s what she thought at least. Until the next Sunday, when she saw her secret again. But now she knew she couldn’t move on, because, maybe, just maybe, Jim hadn’t either.

 

            I feel like we're standing on the edge of something big. Take a leap of faith with me.

Chapter End Notes:

Jim’s return postcard (aka reminder): http://i31.tinypic.com/2rm2o92.jpg

Edge of something big: http://i32.tinypic.com/4ujfck.jpg

 

Comments are love :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans