- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Only one more chapter after this. More of Pam, takes place right after the last chapter.

            Pam knew it was from Jim. Maybe it was just because she wanted it to be from him so badly, but the handwriting really looked like his. Those few letters just seemed so Jim-like, it convinced her he sent in the card. 

            She just didn’t know what the next step was. She still didn’t have his phone number, and it was too personal to discuss over email or a phone call to the office. And a trip to Stamford was risky… and a bit cliché she admitted to herself.

            It was almost as if fate was dangling this in front of her, taunting her because she couldn’t do anything about it.

 

            By Monday, the desire to do something was nearly overwhelming. She wanted to talk to him, to hear his voice, but calling on the office phone? What if he was in a meeting, or on a sales call? And did she really want to have this conversation at the office?

            She nervously asked around the office, seeing if anyone kept in touch and maybe had his new number. Kevin giggled, Angela glared, Stanley sighed. It seemed impossible. It was nearly the end of the day, when she thought of something.

            Jim probably would have had to update his info for Dunder Mifflin, and Toby, as the HR rep, should have access to it. She just had to wait before asking him – if Kelly overheard, she would never hear the end of it. She waited until she saw Toby enter the break room alone, and hurried back to talk.

            “Hey, Toby?”

            “Yeah, Pam?”

            “I was wondering, since Jim transferred and all, do you have his new home number or something? I mean, I know I could call him at work, but, I just…” Pam let her voice fade off.

            “Actually, yeah, I should. I mean, it should be in his updated personnel file. Didn’t he give it to you?”

            “Um, since I was sick when he left, it was just, it got lost in the confusion…”

            “Sure, one second, and I’ll get it for you.”

 

            Pam went back to her desk smiling. Finally things were looking up. It had been a rough month, but maybe now, something would change.

            Now she just needed to figure out what to say.

 

the opportunities are endless if you just believe
Chapter End Notes:

Endless opportunities: http://i30.tinypic.com/29b0sxj.jpg

Comments are always appreciated.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans