- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
"So, what do we do now?" she asks, as he tries to come down from this adrenaline rush he's on, the weight of her yes still ringing in his ears. Pam's lips are warm and lovely against his own, even though he's completely soaked through and he's pretty sure his jacket is completely destroyed in the puddle under their feet.

"I don't know," he admits. "I've never really done this before."

"I'm not really all that hungry anymore," she adds, and Jim rests his forehead against hers, closing his eyes as he rubs his hands over her arms, and wonders when the world will ever stop spinning under his feet. Then he feels the box, still in his left hand, the velvet damp against his palm. Silently, he opens it, takes the ring out, reaches for her left hand.

"Almost forgot," he chuckles, and she's still trembling with exhilaration as he slides the ring onto her finger. He can't help but look down at it, sparkling and perfect, and when he looks up at her, he's still trying to catch his breath long enough to say something else. He grabs her hand instead, raises it to his lips, kissing her knuckles, and she laughs.

Then a car horn sounds, and Jim looks up. His car is still blocking one of the gas pumps, and they've been standing there for how long? He doesn't care in the slightest, but he picks up his dirty jacket, uses his grip on her hand to pull her over towards the passenger's side of his car, letting her in before getting in himself.

"Sure you're not hungry? It's on me," he says, waggling his eyebrows suggestively as he pulls the car away from the pumps and into a parking space.

"Only if you mean it literally," she teases, her face flushed and damp. He can't do anything else but kiss her, cupping her cheek in his hand, nuzzling her jawline as she gasps and clutches at his shirt sleeve.

"That's inappropriate, Beesly. We're not even married yet," he mutters, nipping at her pulse point, and somewhere in the frenzy Pam's lost her coat and his mouth is trailing down the side of her neck in a series of kisses, hard enough to leave a mark that will likely darken and bruise to the point where she'll be forced to cover it up later. This would be just like them - making out like horny teenagers in a parked car at a rest stop, but he's not focusing on that and instead concentrating on the way her breasts swell under her blouse. He reaches over, thumb pressing down the button of her seatbelt fastener until it clicks and zips away over her shoulder.

"Jim..." She watches it slide away from her and does nothing to stop it.

"C'mere," he growls huskily, fingertips digging into her waist until she's straddling him in the driver's seat. Her knee knocks against the seat adjuster and suddenly they're horizontal. That's when they both burst out laughing, and she rests her head against his shoulder until they can both breathe normally again. He runs fingers down between her shoulderblades, over her thigh, and then inward, fumbling with the zipper on her pants. She helps him then, kissing him soundly as they scoot up and over into the backseat. She's still smiling over him, legs cold and damp under his hands, and they've barely gotten his belt and zipper down so he can free himself. His erection is almost painful, and when she touches it with chilly fingers he nearly yelps.

"Sorry," she murmurs, and shimmies down to make it up to him with her mouth.

They're both lucky the rain is still coming down - the drops thundering on the windows and roof, because he's making plenty of sounds he wouldn't want anyone else to hear but her. The first time Pam did this for him, it was amazing, and right now it's impossible for him to find a word that could even top amazing because all his brain is filled with is Pam yes Pam oh god yes and he has to grab onto her shoulder and squeeze hard to keep himself from finishing this before he's ready, before he can satisfy her.

"Pam, wait." She knows what that means, and she slowly slides up to him, knees resting on either side of his hips, as she straddles him and lowers herself down, surrounding him with her heat. He hears a moan - he doesn't know if it's his or hers. It doesn't matter now. This moment - her, him, them together like this - it's absolutely perfect. The rain creates a natural metronome for their pace - slow, deliberate - and she kisses his chin, his nose, his forehead, burying her face in his hair as he lowers his mouth to lavish attention on her breasts. They have all the time they could ever want now. She reaches her breaking point first, grabbing onto the tie that's somehow still around his neck and yanking him forward to stifle her noises with his mouth, and he follows, arching against the back of the seat before collapsing - happy, sated.

"I love you," she whispers, against his cheek so that he can feel each syllable of the words formed against his skin.

"I love you too," he says, without a second thought.

"Hey, what time do you have to get back?" He can tell by the way she curls up against him that she's hoping it won't be any time soon.

"Soon," he replies with a note of regret. "Michael made me promise I'd be back in time for the last weigh-in."

"You'll drive back out when you're done?" She looks up, resting her chin on his chest.

"Of course." Jim kisses the top of her head. "You can forget about HGTV tonight, Beesly."

"What about when we're married?"

When. The word makes him grin like a fool as he draws her close against him.

"Hey, you want to get a soda?"

Pam just laughs.


dundies is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked shifting the clouds until they match up with you also liked 2489 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans