- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter Two!!
Current Time

The Cullens had just finished unpacking their belongings, and getting used to their brand new house on the outskirts of Scranton. Currently, all but Carlisle and Esme were getting “humanized” to go on their interviews for jobs at Dunder Mifflin. Alice had already looked into the future, and she knew that they would get the jobs, but they had to be presentable nonetheless. All six had just hunted, so none were thirsty, and they were ready to be around humans.

Instead of working in paper sales, Carlisle would work as a doctor at a local hospital, and Esme would act as a housewife. They were all able to pass for 23 year olds, straight out of college. They knew that people in Scranton would buy their act.

The moment Edward stepped out of the parking lot and into the office building, he could hear many of the employee’s thoughts. One immediately stood out to him.

There are now two vampires in this area.

Edward got tense, but then heard the voices of a male and a female, “What are we going to do to him tomorrow? I mean, the possibilities are-”

Then the male and the female turned to the Cullens, their mouths agape. All of them made sure not to look at the two people.

Edward was already able to understand what the two people were doing. They were just playing a trick one someone. He was also able to get the dirt on the two people; their names were Jim Halpert and Pam Beesley, they were extremely close, and were both pranksters.

There were a few people in the office when the Cullens arrived, and Edward scanned their minds. It was because most of them were on their lunch breaks, including the couple that the family just saw. Dwight Schrute, who looked quite strange to all Cullen family members, was the only one who thought the couple that they had just seen were vampires.

The other thoughts in the office weren’t really concentrated on anything. But the boss, Michael Scott was in the office. That was who they went to, to get the jobs. So they started to climb the stairs at human pace. They explained to the security guard that they were there for an interview, Alice had already called the office beforehand to set up the interview for all six of us.

When they got up to the room, the boss, Michael Scott, came out of his office and greeted them.

“These must be the six new victims!”

Michael started laughing and held out his hand to shake each one of the Cullen’s. When he was done shaking their hands, he fake-shivered and said, “Wow, your hands are cold. Is it cold out, or something?”

Edward cleared his throat. “When do you want to start the interview?”

Michael took a look at the six beautiful vampires in front of him. “You all already got the job. We needed more attractive people in this office anyways.”

Michael showed everyone to their desks, and each couple happened to be working in the same area. Alice and Jasper were in Human Resources, Emmett and Rosalie were in accounting, and Edward and Bella were in sales. Edward’s desk was right next to Jim Halpert’s, and Bella’s desk was where Karen Filipelli used to sit. They still had a perfect view of each other.

Once everyone was sitting, they started to play with their computers, just to make sure they knew what to do. Of course, they all did. Edward was watching Bella interact with Pam, who invited them to dinner. As the couples left for a restaurant, he was scoping out everyone’s mind to see if they suspected anything. Most of the thoughts were just, they look so young, or, they’re so beautiful.

Or Dwight’s, I must warn them.

--

Jim waited until the beautifuls (that’s what he called the new employees at the office) were completely settled before calling Pam into the conference room. She sat down across from him, pouting.

“This vampire prank is too elaborate,” she whined. “I haven’t drank any water all day because vampires can only drink blood.”

“Keep your voice down! We don’t want him to hear us.” He grinned, pulling out a bottle of fruit punch Gatorade. “Just drink this. Added bonus if you stain your top lip red.”

“As you wish, master,” Pam responded dryly, before chugging almost half the bottle. “Hey,” she said, once she was finished. “You want to invite the new people to go to dinner with us tonight? They seem nice.”

“Why not?” Jim asked, then snapped his fingers, thinking of something suddenly. “I don’t know, Pam. Dwight might think that we’re-”

“Jim,” she interrupted, annoyed slightly. “This prank is funny, but these people just moved here, don’t know anyone, and now have to deal with Michael on a daily basis.” She took his hand gently, smiling up at him. “I took you to lunch on your first day, and look at us now. Please think about it?”

“You’re right. Let’s do it.” He smiled back. “Dwight’ll think we’re biting everyone up.”

“Win-win situation.”

-

Once Pam was done for the night, she walked up to one of the beautifuls.

“Hello, Bella,” said Pam, tucking her hair behind her ears.

“Hi!” Bella said brightly. “You’re Pam, right?”

Pam nodded. “I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner with me and my boyfriend today?”

Bella visibly stiffened, and she turned to another beautiful. He smiled reassuringly at her, and she smiled back. “Sure. We- uh, I would love to go. Can I bring my husband?”

“Gosh, you’re married already?” Pam blurted without thinking, but quickly resumed her vampire stance. “Pardon my outburst. Of course you may bring him. What’s his name?”

“Edward,” Bella sighed dreamily, and Pam smiled.

“You guys seem like you’re in love.”

“We are!” Bella exclaimed, shrugging on her jacket. “And you? You’re beautiful…” Pam blushed at the compliment. “You must have someone special as well?”

“I do. My boyfriend, Jim, is sitting next to Edward. See?” Pam pointed; Jim nodded slightly. “Sorry he’s not so friendly today. We’re- uh, how about I tell you over dinner?”

Bella smiled. “I’d like that.”

The two women walked out, and Jim approached Edward.

“Would you care to dine with my mate and I tonight?” he asked.

Edward raised his eyebrows like any regular human would, and nodded cautiously. “Uh... sure. Was that your mate who just walked out with my wife? Bella?”

Jim nodded once. “That was her. Let us go.”

They walked out, and once they were free from Dwight’s cautious gaze, Jim let out a laugh. “Listen, man, I’m sorry. I’m pulling a prank on one of the guys in there.”

“What are you doing?” Edward asked innocently, then smiled. “May I help?”

Jim grinned. “We’ll discuss over dinner.”
Chapter End Notes:
:D

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans