- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter Five
Just as Dwight was thinking of ways to save the world, Michael appeared from his office. He didn’t say anything, just looked around the desks. Then he walked towards Pam’s desk.

“Hey Pam,”

Pam looked up from her computer and said, “Hey Michael.”

“Any new messages?”

Pam shook her head, “No, I would have told you if there were any.”

Michael nodded his head and then leaned into Pam’s desk, “So tell me about this new girl, Bella.”

“Um she’s…”

“She’s hot isn’t she?”

Pam looked at the camera wearily, and Michael continued, oblivious. “I would say watch out for her because of Jim, but that won’t be a problem, because I will make sure that Jim stays away from her.”

“Um, Bella’s ma…”

Michael ignored her, and walked back to his office. Before he went inside, he stopped in front of Edward’s desk, perching himself awkwardly on top. Jim turned his chair around and looked at Pam, whose face was still in shock. Jim was trying hard not to break out laughing.

Dwight, on the other hand, became completely worried. Michael was about to talk to a vampire. So Dwight quickly sat up straight and viewed the conversation that Edward and Michael were about to have. He also quietly opened his drawer and took out a small sprayer of holy water, just in case this vampire did anything to harm Michael. He clutched it tightly in his hand.

“So, Edward, are you having a nice time here at Dunder Mifflin?” Michael asked.

“It is most definitely a… different experience. I am enjoying myself, though.”

“I bet you never had a boss as fun as me, right?”

Edward hesitated. “Of course, Michael.”

Michael sighed at the hesitation. “I’m just going to let you get back to work now.”

Edward nodded his head. Then Jim turned around and looked at Dwight.

“Dwight.”

“Jim.”

“What’s in your hand?”

Dwight became extremely worried for a minute, “Nothing that concerns you. Get back to work.” Dwight quickly put the holy water back in his desk.

Michael walked to Bella’s desk and sat on it in the same way he did with Edward’s desk, except this time he was closer.

“So Bella, are you enjoying Dunder Mifflin?”

Bella looked up and smiled. “I’m having a good time here, yes.”

“Yeah, it’s a fun place.” He paused. “You probably haven’t been able to see Scranton that much, have you?”

“I…”

“Maybe after work I could show you around?” Michael moved a little closer to Bella and then leaned a little closer in her ear, trying to whisper a little bit, “You know, go for a drive, maybe get drinks, see where the night goes on from there…”

Edward was starting to get extremely annoyed with Michael Scott; his thoughts were even worse than his words. He had to try hard not to jump and attack Michael right there. He was gripping so hard on his mouse, he was working hard not to break it.

“I have plans,” Bella said, feigning disappointment. “Plus, my husband and I have already driven around, so we know the area pretty well.”

Michael got up from the desk and put his hands in his pocket. “Wow, you’re married?”

Bella brandished her ring. “Yeah.”

“Congratulations.”

“Thank you. We’ve been married for te-five years.” Bella always forgot that she was playing a 23 year old, not a 28 year old.

“You know, I just got out of a relationship with my long-time girlfriend.”

“Oh I’m sorry to…”

Michael cut her off. “So, what’s your husband’s name?”

Bella pointed to Edward, who pretended like he was oblivious to the entire conversation. And more concentrated on not killing Michael.

Michael turned to Edward. “Wow!” Michael chuckled. “You’re married to the hotter version of Jim? I never would have guessed. I thought he was your brother.”

“Um, no, we’re married.”

Michael looked down, “Well that’s good, I guess, it would be a little awkward if you were sleeping around with your brother.”

“Um who said that we were…”

Then Michael said, “I hope that you have a nice time here at Dunder Mifflin.”

Michael slowly walked away, then headed to Pam’s desk.

“Why didn’t you tell me that she was married?” he whispered furiously.

“I tried, Michael, but you…”

“These are the kind of things that you should tell me.”

Pam sighed. “I’m sorry.”

“You tell me when someone is dating the hotter version of Jim.”

“He has a name, and they’re married, not dating.”

“That would have been great if you told me that before Pam, not now. And I know that he has a name. What is it, Edmond?”

“Edward.”

“Ugh. Same thing.”

Then Michael walked back to his office for his interview.

“I just can’t believe Pam didn’t tell me.

“Edmond… Edward… whatever his name is, is officially the hotter, younger version of Jim. Can’t you see it? They’re both tall. And well… Edward is just better-looking. Move over, Halpert, you are no longer the second best looking guy in the office. You’re third.”

A pause. “What do you mean, who’s the best looking guy in the office? Do you really have to ask me that?”

--

Bella and Edward decided to take a drive around Scranton for their lunch break. When they both got into the car, Edward quickly pulled Bella into a passionate kiss.

After a few minutes, they both pulled away, and Edward started driving. The look on his face was concentrated, and extremely angered.

“What’s wrong?” Bella asked.

Without taking his eyes off of the road, Edward said, “I don’t like the way that Michael guy was thinking about you.”

Bella let out a small laugh and leaned over to kiss Edward on the cheek. “Try not to worry so much about it, okay?”

“His thoughts were worse then anything I have ever come by.”

Bella took Edward’s hand. “I’m sorry that you had to hear them.”

“Me too,” Edward mumbled.

“So what’s it like being the hotter version of Jim?” Bella asked after a few moments of silence. As soon as the sentence escaped her lips, she broke out into a laughing fit.

Edward kept a straight face. “It’s not funny.”

Bella’s laughter died down. “You’re thinking too much about this Michael thing, just let it go.”

Edward ignored her. “I hate it when other guys think about you.”

“You’re so over-protective,” Bella sighed.

Then Edward lifted up Bella’s hand and kissed it. “I know. I just want you to be safe.”

Bella snorted. “You seriously think that Michael could hurt me?”

Edward let a small smiled play across his lips. “No, I suppose not.” He paused. “But his thoughts…” Edward’s smile faded away, and he gripped the steering wheel tighter.

“Edward!” Bella scolded. “You’re going to break your car.”

Edward looked down and lightened his grip. “Oops.”

“Oops is right,” Bella agreed, laughing. “I know that you love this car… Let’s not ruin it, please.”

Edward nodded his head. Then, out of nowhere, he pulled the car over and put two fingers on the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes and groaning.

“What’s wrong, love?” Bella asked worriedly.

“Michael’s thoughts won’t get out of my head.”

“Oh.” She brushed some hair out of his face, and kissed him gently on the forehead. “Were they really that bad?”

“Let’s just say… if you got together 100 guys thinking the dirtiest things about you for their entire lives, they wouldn’t equal what Michael Scott was thinking about you for five minutes.”

Bella started laughing again. “Oh come on, it can’t be that bad… you do tend to over-react sometimes.”

“Bella,” he said dryly. “You have no idea.”

Bella kissed Edward gently on the lips. “If it makes you feel any better, I think that you are the best looking guy in the office.”

Edward put his arm around Bella’s neck, pulling her closer, then saying, “Now look who’s biased.”

He pulled her into a kiss. “I love you, Bella.”

“I love you too, Edmond.”

Bella started laughing again, and Edward pinched the bridge of his nose again. She kissed him lightly on the cheek and pulled his hand down, guiding it towards the steering wheel. They drove back to the office in silence, holding hands.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans