- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is it gang, that last chapter. Thanks so much to everyone who has read and reviewed and enjoyed this story; it has definitely been exciting bringing two of my favorite shows together, and I'm glad it got such a positive reaction, even from people who don't watch What Not To Wear! I was a little unsure of this ending at first, but after getting some encouragement from the always helpful Little Comment, my mind was put at ease. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Enjoy!


The What Not To Wear crews had wrapped up their filming long before the reveal party ended. Pam enjoyed that she had some time at her party without them around; she didn’t mind cameras most of the time, but she liked not being filmed too. She was much less anxious and much less guarded when the cameras weren’t rolling.

She knew it would only be a few more weeks until the usual cameras came back to filming their documentary again, and she wondered what they would think of her new look and her newfound confidence. She hoped that the change was dramatic enough for everyone to notice.

Sooner or later, each of Pam’s coworkers trickled out of the bar after some final words of praise, leaving only her nominators behind. Kelly hugged her tightly as she said goodbye, gushing to her about how good she looked.

“You promise you’ll let me come over and raid your closet soon?” Kelly pleaded. “We so need to put on another fashion show to show off all your cute new clothes!!”

“Uh, sounds good,” Pam agreed somewhat reluctantly. She tucked a few stray curls behind her ear and glanced toward the bar. Yes, he was still there, patiently and inconspicuously waiting for her. She turned her attention back to Kelly and told her, “Um, maybe I can bring some of my new clothes to work—”

“No, I want to see all of them!! I have to come over and raid your closet, this week,” Kelly retorted, backing her in to a proverbial corner. Too buzzed to think about the consequences, Pam grudgingly nodded her head in approval, and Kelly squealed loud enough to make Jim glance up from his beer in concern. “Ohmygod Pam, this will be so much fun!!!!! We’ll talk about the details later, okay? Cause if you can’t tell I’m like suuuper tired and need to get my beauty sleep. I can’t wait though!!!!”

“Uh, me neither…” Pam agreed, uncertainty apparent to anyone who was half-listening to her tone. Kelly was left oblivious.

With one more constricting hug, Kelly bounded out the door, leaving Pam with a sinking feeling in her stomach that she had just invited a tornado over to her apartment. She had almost shaken off her feelings of bewilderment when she felt a light hand on her shoulder. As if by reflex, she smiled instantly.

“You realize Kelly’s going to want to borrow half of your new clothes,” Jim whispered to her quietly; as if it was something she didn’t already know.

“Oh, I’m aware of that,” she replied, “which is why I’m going to hide all the really good items from her.”

Jim gave her an amused smirk, “Ooh, very tricky. Is this what I can expect from Fancy New Beesly? A criminal mastermind in gold stilettos?”

“Maybe,” Pam played along as they each gave a quick wave goodbye to the bartender. “Then again, I’ll probably just use my new powers for good, not evil.”

“Whatever makes you happy,” he replied, not missing a beat.

They exchanged a smile and ambled down the street in a comfortable silence, each of them sufficiently tipsy enough to need to focus extra hard on walking straight.

Still not used to wearing high heels, Pam did not fare too well at this task.

“Do you need help?” Jim asked as she stumbled forward and caught herself for the third time in two blocks.

“Oh I’m fine,” she grinned, knowing how absurd she sounded. “I just… need to get used to these heels. It’s like riding a bike; once I learn I’ll never forget how to do it.”

“Well… every bike needs training wheels,” he replied, extending his arm out to her like a gentleman. She smiled up at him and then hesitated for a moment, wondering what would happen if anyone they knew saw them walking like that. What would happen if the What Not To Wear crew was still filming her and caught her with her ‘secret boyfriend’?

“Well?” she heard him say to her, his face smiling, but nervous. He must’ve picked up on her reluctance.

Pam took a deep breath and linked her arm with his, snuggling up next to his shoulder. Who cares about camera crews, she thought, if Jim doesn’t care, then neither will I.

They walked the next few blocks back to Pam’s apartment just like that, with her sidled up right next to him, and she had to admit that it was the best feeling in the world. It made her laugh to herself as they approached her door.

“What’s so funny?” he asked, amused by her somewhat drunken state.

“It’s just, we walked like a couple down the street,” she told him as she put her key in the lock and let them inside. “Don’t you think it’s really… unreal that we can do that kind of thing?”

His expression changed from amused to thoughtful as he watched her take off her heels. He sighed, “Yeah. It’s crazy.” He let a small beat pass before he continued, “So, tell me, are you ever going to put those things back on your feet?” He motioned to the gold heels now in her hands, and she gave a small chuckle.

“Mm, perhaps,” Pam shrugged as she rubbed her foot. “I was thinking about putting them back on now, actually…”

“Really?” he asked in disbelief. “Why? Why would you need to put…” The suggestive smirk she wore on her face made him trail off. He had the answer to his question. “Oh. Well… if you have other outfits that go with the gold heels that you want to show me, I have no objection to that.”

“Oh good,” Pam smiled as they headed for her bedroom. “Because I did buy this black spaghetti strap dress I want you to see…”
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks so much to my chapter by chapter reviewers: Little Comment, NanReg, RubyTerrace, Iheartstanley, Cheeb, malaz85, Noodles, nbyevu, Azlin, wendolf, Morning Angel, and Blanca! It meant a lot to me that you all were very excited about Pam's transformation and wanted to see how she turned out.

And, as I always end my multi-chapter fics, I wish that "peace and joy be with you, harmony and wisdom." Thank you!!!




Dundie All-Star is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked What Not To Wear also liked 2233 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans