- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Holly and Michael have problems conceiving...

Please review!! Thanks!
May, 2010

“Do you really want to quit?” Holly asked.

“Yeah,” Michael said. “I’m just getting tired of that place. I mean, they sent you away…”

“You’re really going to move here?”

“Yeppers, I got the job at CP Paper Merchants,” Michael said. “I’m going to be the best manager they’ve ever had!”

Holly smiled, and began to laugh.

“I’m so happy we’re going to live together!” she exclaimed, hugging Michael.

Michael returned the hug, and gave Holly a kiss. He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a box.

“Holly Flax?” Michael said getting down on one knee. Holly put her hands to her mouth. “Will you…”

Holly had to contain herself from bursting out “YES!”

“Will you…do me the honor of being my wife?” Michael asked, looking up at Holly, and seeing her eyes lighting up.

“Yes!” Holly exclaimed.

Michael slid the ring on Holly’s finger, and quickly got up to kiss her.

“Wait,” Holly said.

“What?”

“I forgot, I’m already marrying someone…”

“What?! Who?!” Michael demanded.

“You…” Holly smiled, kissing Michael.

When they pulled apart, Holly looked down at her ring. It was beautiful…

“Holly?” Michael asked later that night.

“Yes?” Holly replied, gazing at Michael.

“This is going to sound weird, but…” Michael started, “Have you heard of Fundle Bundle?”

Holly thought for awhile…she was sure she had heard of that before…

“I don’t think so,” Holly said shortly, “Why?”

“When I was a kid, I was on this TV show, Fundle Bundle,” Michael explained. “And this puppet asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up…So I said that I wanted to get married and have a hundred kids…”

Holly rolled over to her side, and smiled at Michael.

“And I just want you to know that I’m happy that we’re engaged,” Michael said.

“Me too,” Holly said, rolling on top of Michael, kissing him passionately.

*****

February, 2014

“Do you want to talk about it?” Michael asked Holly, as they were driving home.

“There’s nothing to talk about, Michael,” Holly said sadly.

“Holly, it’s not your fault,” Michael said softly. Holly felt tears burning in her eyes. “Things like that happen. Remember Tina Fey in that one movie where she couldn’t get pregnant? We can hire a suckrogate…”

“Surrogate,” Holly corrected him. “And Michael, I’m dried up. I’m a fucking raison…I’m fucking infertile, and I don’t want to talk about it!”

Michael felt his heart shatter, as Holly burst into tears. There really was nothing he could do. He couldn’t cheer her up. Michael knew Holly was blaming herself for what’s happening, but it wasn’t her fault. She knew it, but it didn’t matter to her. They both wanted a baby so bad.

Michael pulled into their driveway, and watched as Holly stormed into their house. He followed slowly, and saw that Holly was in the kitchen, making an awful lot of noise, starting dinner.

“Here,” Michael said, taking a pan from Holly, “I’ll make dinner tonight. Do you want spaghetti?”

Holly didn’t say anything, and just stormed out of the kitchen. Michael knew Holly was crying in their bedroom, but he didn’t know whether to go up there or not. All he could do was prepare dinner that he knew neither he nor Holly would eat.

“You want to leave me, don’t you?” Holly asked Michael later that night while they were both lying in bed.

“What? Why would I want to do that?” Michael asked, surprised. “I love you, you ditz.”

“I know you’ve always wanted a baby,” Holly sighed, trying to hold back the tears. “And…I’m sorry, Michael.”

Michael rolled over to his side, and gave Holly a hug.

“Even I know that there’s nothing you should be sorry for,” Michael said, kissing Holly’s cheek. “Things like this happen to a lot of people…”

“I know, but…” Holly began to sob. “Why us?”

“Because,” Michael said, wiping tears from Holly’s face, “We’re awesome…”

Holly chuckled.

“I really wanted to have kids…”

“I know, Holly…” Michael said. He decided it was best not to say, “me too” for Holly’s sake.

The next day, Michael couldn’t concentrate at work. He put salt into his coffee three times, walked into the women’s room by accident, and broke his World’s Best Boss mug. When Michael checked his E-mail, he saw that Jim had sent him pictures of Pam and his new baby girl. Normally, Michael would be happy for them, but not today. He was bitter. He knew Holly was sitting at home, contemplating on whether to leave Michael or not. Why did this have to happen to us?

Holly laid in bed all day. She didn’t even bother to call in to work, nor was she answering the many phone calls she was receiving. Holly remembered when Michael told her about Jan, and how she had a sperm donor. For some reason, this broke Holly’s heart even more. Why couldn’t Jan just have a baby with Michael? At least he would have been happy to be a father, and now Holly couldn’t even give Michael the one thing she knew Michael wanted most.

“Hey, Holl,” Michael said, walking into their bedroom, and giving Holly a kiss.

Holly didn’t say anything to Michael.

“Listen,” Michael started, “the doctor said we might have a chance.”

“I don’t think we do,” Holly said softly into her pillow.

Michael sighed, and left the room. He walked downstairs, walked out the front door, and got into his car. Michael knew where he had to go.

“Michael Scott,” Michael said, “I just wanted to have a quick work with Dr. Jones…”

“Do you have an appointment?” the receptionist asked.

“Well…no…” Michael said, wiping sweat from his forehead. “I just need to talk to him…”

“Mr. Scott?”

Michael turned around, and saw the doctor that he and Holly had come into see the day before.

“I’ve been trying to call Mrs. Scott all day,” Dr. Jones said, shaking Michael’s hand.

“Why would you call my mom?”

“Er…your wife. Holly…”

“Oh, right…” Michael laughed. “She’s really upset…”

“Well, I was calling to tell her that she still has a chance,” Dr. Jones said. “In-Vitro fertilization…”

“What’s that?” Michael asked, following the doctor to his office.

“Well, what we do is, we take ova, eggs,” Dr. Jones added, seeing Michael’s look of confusion. “and your sperm to fertilize the ova, and place it back into Holly’s uterus…”

“They have things like that?” Michael asked.

“Yes…we do,” Dr. Jones said smiling, as he saw Michael grin.

“Wow, that’s…wow,” Michael said, breathless. “Um, can I come back in with Holly? She’s at home…”

“Of course, Mr. Scott,” Dr. Jones replied, shaking Michael’s hand again.

Michael began to walk out of the office, before he reached the door, he turned around to Dr. Jones.

“Um, Doc?” Michael started, “Is your first name Indiana?”

“No,” Dr. Jones replied.

“Oh, okay…sorry about that,” Michael said, turning to walk out the door, “I’ll be right back with Holly!”

*****

“Holly!” Michael called, running into the house. “You’re not a raison!”

Michael ran upstairs to the bedroom, where Holly was still in bed. Holly looked up at Michael with a confused expression.

“Listen, I just talked to Dr. Jones,” Michael said, “and his first name’s not Indiana, but he said you can still get pregnant with the In-Virtue fertilization!”

“Do you mean In-Vitro?” Holly asked, sitting up.

“Yes! They take your egg, and my man-juice, and…then they put it back, and then the baby grows inside you!”

“I still have ova?” Holly asked excitedly.

“Yesh! You still have ova…” Michael said, as Holly got up to hug Michael.

Holly held onto Michael, and she felt more tears coming out of her eyes. This time, they were tears of happiness. Michael began to cry too. He finally had a chance at being a real father…having a real baby. Sure this baby wouldn’t be made through sex, but he could still have sex with Holly anyway. Win-win…

“Thank you,” Holly sobbed.

“No, Holly,” Michael said, staring hard into Holly’s eyes, “Thank you…”

“I love you, Michael…”

*****

January, 2015

“Hey Michael, it’s Jim,” Michael heard on his phone.

“Jimbo! Long time no talk!” Michael said, happily. “How’ve you been, man?”

“I’ve been pretty good,” Jim said, “Emily’s been keeping Pam and me up all night.”

“That’s what she said!” Michael exclaimed, and then adding, “Sorry, that was inappropriate.”

“It’s fine. Listen, I just got the pictures you sent of Chevy,” Jim said. “Congratulations, man!”



“Thank you, Jim…he’s keeping me and Holly up all night too,” Michael said happily. “But I’m on a diaper run, so…I’ll just talk to you later, yeah?

“Yeah, of course,” Jim said. “Good luck!”

“Thanks,” Michael said, hanging up his phone.

Michael ran into Costco to buy diapers in bulk, quickly paid for them, and sprinted to his car. He wanted to get home as soon as possible to see his son. When Michael got home, he walked in quietly, to make sure he didn’t wake Chevy in case he was taking a nap. Holly was sitting on the couch, and smiled at Michael with her finger to her lips.

“I just put him down,” she explained, giving Michael a kiss.

“Damn it,” Michael said, disappointed. “I wanted to watch Dora…”

Holly giggled, and pulled Michael down on the couch next to her.

“We’re finally parents,” she said, smiling. “I think you’re gonna make a great daddy…”

“I think you’re gonna make a great mommy,” Michael said, giving Holly another kiss. “Do you want to go check up on Chevy?”

Holly smiled, she knew Michael just wanted to be with his son as much as possible.

“Sure,” Holly said, getting up, and grabbing Michael’s hand. “After vou…”

“Thank vou,” Michael said.

The quietly walked up the stairs, and into Chevy’s nursery. The room was painted blue, and Michael had hired a painter to paint pictures of Kermit the frog and Gonzo from The Muppets. Michael slowly walked over to Chevy’s crib, and saw Chevy sleeping. He had Holly’s blonde hair, and Michael’s green eyes. Michael smiled, as Holly took his hand.

“He’s beautiful, isn’t he?” Michael whispered to Holly.

“Yeah,” Holly said smiling, “He really is…”
Chapter End Notes:
Epilogue's up next...Dundies!!!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans