- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Dundies 2017...
October, 2017

“So you want Michael, Holly, and Chevy to stay with us?” Pam asked, as she put the vacuum cleaner in the closet.

“Yeah,” Jim said, “You weren’t there after the cameras left. Michael turned normal.”

“But,” Pam said, fidgeting with her hands, “Fine…Only because he came to my art show the day the bat was in the office.”

Jim walked over to Pam, and grabbed her hands. Pam suddenly didn’t feel so nervous anymore, and she smiled at Jim.

“I think it’s sweet of you to do this,” Pam said. “Throwing a Dundies ceremony for Michael…”

“Well, Pam…if it wasn’t for Michael, I would have given up on you,” Jim said, kissing her.

Jim helped Pam tidy their house up, while Emily followed them around.

“Hey Em, are you excited to see Chevy?” Pam asked, kneeling down to fix Emily’s hair.

“I guess…” Emily sighed. Pam laughed. Emily had gotten into the habit of sighing and being overdramatic.

“How old is Chevy now?” Pam asked Jim, getting up, and fixing her skirt.

“He’s about seven months younger than Emily,” Jim said, “So he’s probably like two and a half…”

“I’m actually excited to finally see the little guy,” Pam said. “He’s such a cutie…well, you should go finish up your column before Michael and Holly get here.”

“Right,” Jim said, walking past Pam to his computer.

About an hour later, just as Jim had sent his piece to his editor, the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it!” Emily screamed, and Jim heard rapid footsteps coming down the hall.

“Emily, wait,” Pam called, “You’re not old enough to answer the door by yourself.”

“Fine,” Emily sighed, and Jim laughed to himself. She was being overdramatic again.

“PAM!” Michael cried, happily, rushing in to give Pam a hug. “Wow, is this Emily?”

“Hi,” Emily said shyly, hiding behind Jim’s leg.

“Hi, Emily…I have a question,” Michael said, kneeling down. “Do you know what Ms. America is?”

“Yeah…”

“Well, you’re gonna be the future Ms. America,” Michael said. Jim laughed.

“Hey Michael,” Jim said, giving Michael a hug. “Holly.”

“Hey guys,” Holly said, carrying Chevy in.

“Aww…” Pam cooed, giving Holly a hug, and playing with Chevy’s tiny hands. “He’s so adorable…”

“Thanks,” Holly said, smiling. She knelt down, and shook Emily’s hand. “She’s getting big…”

“Yeah,” Jim said, walking up and giving Holly a hug, “She’s growing like crazy…”

“So how was the drive, you guys?” Pam asked, taking Chevy from Holly’s arms, as Jim took their jackets.

“It was fine,” Michael said, taking Chevy from Pam. “Chevy didn’t cry once, did you, big man?”

“No,” Chevy said softly. Something told Jim that Chevy was going to take after Holly—shy, and quiet.

“Hey, big guy,” Jim said to Chevy, “How old are you?”

“This many,” Chevy said, holding up two fingers.

“Wow! You’re almost a grown up!” Jim said, taking Emily’s hand, “This is Emily.”

“Hi,” Chevy said quietly.

The adults laughed as both of the kids hid behind their fathers, too shy to talk to each other.

“Well, come in, and have a seat,” Pam said, leading everyone to the living room.

Michael and Holly sat down on the smaller sofa, and Michael brought Chevy to his lap. Jim and Emily sat down on the larger sofa, while Pam went to the kitchen to get drinks for everyone.

“So how are things at Dunder-Mifflin?” Michael asked, taking a beer from Pam.

“Pretty good,” Jim said, taking a sip of his beer. “How are things at CP?”

“It’s funny you ask, because we’re totally kicking Nashua branches a…butt,” Michael said, glancing over at Chevy.

“Oh, be quiet,” Holly said, laughing, and gently pushing Chevy’s hair back.

“So who still works at the Scranton branch?” Michael asked Jim.

“Oh, pretty much everyone. Toby’s still there, the accountants, I think Dwight’s trying to kill me…Phyllis left a year after you left, Creed’s still there, Daryl…and we got some new people in sales,” Jim said. “You should stop by tomorrow, Michael.”

“Yeah, I’d like that,” Michael said, taking Holly’s hand.

Pam smiled at them, and realized that neither of them had aged. They both looked very happy together.

“Holly, are you sure you just had a baby?” Pam asked, “You look so thin!”

Holly laughed.

“You should have seen me last year,” Holly said, “I was 190 pounds.”

“No way!” Pam and Jim cried out, while Michael nodded behind Holly, mouthing, “Yeah, she was!”

“How’d you lose all the baby weight?” Pam asked, trying not to laugh at Michael, and giving Jim’s hand a hard squeeze so that he’d stop shaking from silent laughter.

“Yoga, and Michael and I would go jogging,” Holly said, smiling at Michael.

“Hey, Emily,” Michael said suddenly. “Have you ever seen ‘The Muppet Show?’”

Emily shook her head, and Michael gasped.

“You haven’t?” Michael said playfully, taking out a DVD, “Chevy loves it! Chevy, do you want to watch this?”

“Okay,” Chevy said, smiling.

“Ask Emily if she wants to watch too…”

“Do you want to watch, Emmy?” Chevy asked shyly.

“Okay,” Emily said, getting up, and taking Chevy’s hand to the den. Jim followed them, and put the disc in the DVD player.

Later that night, they all had take out from Chili’s. Jim jokingly apologized to Michael and Holly for Pam, and explained to Holly that Pam had been banned from Chili’s for life. Jim and Michael put Emily and Chevy to bed, and came downstairs.

“…yeah, the documentary ended up being embarrassing,” Holly finished as Jim and Michael came back to the living room.

“Are you guys talking about the documentary?” Jim asked, picking up his glass of wine.

“Yeah,” Pam said.

“God…they really made me look like a douche bag, didn’t they?” Michael said, laughing.

“Well, you did drive into a lake…” Holly laughed.

“No! They made me drive into the lake,” Michael explained.

“Really? They made you do that?” Jim laughed.

“Yeah, and they also made me look like in idiot,” Michael said. “Seriously, in the six years they’ve been there, they made a two hour documentary…They show me as being a jackass…”

“And they made Dwight tell me that Kevin was slow,” Holly said, shaking her head, “And that made the cut…”

“Yeah, they did make you guys look bad, didn’t they?” Jim chuckled.

“I was disappointed when they didn’t put in the footage of you coming to my art show, Michael,” Pam said, smiling at Michael.

“Yeah, and they didn’t show the footage of you and me at the booze cruise, either,” Jim added.

“Yeesh, well…the past is past…” Michael said.

“So Pam and I were thinking of playing a game,” Holly said, “The newlywed game, even though we’re not really newlyweds, but it will give us a chance to see how well we know each other.”

“Okay…” Jim said, glancing at Pam, who was beaming at him, and shaking his head.

“All right,” Jim said, unfolding a piece of paper, “First question is for Holly: Michael’s favorite movie is?”

“Oh, that’s easy,” Holly said, “Animal House.

Michael shook his head, and held up his notepad which read, The Ring.

“You told me your favorite movie was Animal House!” Holly exclaimed, gently pushing Michael.

“That was before we watched The Ring! It was the first movie we saw together…” Michael explained.

“Michael, you can’t do things like that. It’s not fair!” Holly said. “But that’s sweet of you…”

Jim and Pam laughed as they watched Michael and Holly playfully argue with each other. Jim had to admit, this was a lot more fun than he thought it would be. Michael bent down, and picked up a piece of paper.

“Oooh, this is a good one,” Michael laughed. Holly leaned over to look at the question Michael was holding, and she giggled. “This one is for Pam: What was Jim’s most humiliating childhood nickname?”

Pam waited until Jim wrote his answer down.

“I promised Jim that I would never repeat this…”

“Just do it, Pam,” Jim laughed.

“Chicken legs,” Pam replied, laughing. Jim shook his head, and held up his notepad which read chicken legs.

“All right!” Pam said, getting another question from the basket. “Another one for Holly: When did you and Michael first meet? What kind of question is that, Jim?”

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t think of any…” Jim said, shrugging his shoulders.

“That’s actually a funny story,” Holly said, smiling at Michael who was smiling back. “When we were kids…”

Michael held up his notepad, and wrote down “when we were kids.”

“Are you serious?” Pam asked.

“Yeah, it was after Michael went on Fundle Bundle…we were like…ten?”

“It’s true,” Michael said, “We met at a park a couple of days after I was on Fundle Bundle…”

“Wow,” Jim said, “So you guys met like…thirty years ago?”

“That sounds about right,” Holly said, holding Michael’s hand.

“How did you guys figure that out?” Pam asked.

“Well, when my mom and Holly’s dad met before the wedding,” Michael said, “My mom brought some pictures with her…And Holly’s dad recognized seeing me because I was the only ten year old who wore suits back then…”

Holly laughed.

“Wow, that’s amazing,” Jim said. “Pam and I first met when we were sixteen…”

“Really?”

“Yeah, it was actually her and Roy’s first date…” Jim said, and adding, “Sorry to bring it up. And Roy accidentally left Pam at a hockey game…”

“Yeah, well…it’s destiny, I guess,” Pam said, shrugging.

“That’s amazing,” Michael said. “It’s getting late! Holly, we should go check into a hotel…”

“Actually, we set up a room for you guys,” Pam said. “We figured you guys have been driving all day, so you were probably sick of driving…”

“We can stay?” Michael cried happily, “Jim, you and me should bunk together…and Holly and Pam could have a slumber party…we can play who would you do!”

“That’s—uh, that sounds great…but…I’d rather sleep in our bedroom,” Jim said, wrapping his arm around Pam’s shoulder. Michael looked slightly disappointed.

“Fine…” Michael said, “I would totally do Holly though…”

“Michael!” Holly cried, “Inappropriate!”

“We’re all adults here…”

“I’d totally do Jim,” said Pam, out of nowhere. Everyone burst out in laughter.

“That was actually fun,” Pam said, getting into bed later that night. “I think Holly made Michael less annoying…”

“Yeah,” Jim said, “I’m glad you had fun.”

“You didn’t?”

“I did,” Jim said, “But I just realized something.”

“What?”

“We need more friends…”

*****

“All right,” Jim said, opening the door into the office, “Welcome back, you guys…”

Holly and Michael, holding Chevy, walked into the office. Michael’s smile quickly faded when he saw Jan sitting at reception. He quickly looked at Jim.

“I forgot to mention her…she just started a couple of days ago,” Jim muttered softly to Michael.

“Hello, Jan…” Michael said awkwardly. Holly quickly grabbed Michael’s hand, and gave him a swift kiss on his cheek. She tried hard not to smile as Jan frowned, and glared at Holly and Chevy.

“Michael,” Jan said, getting up to give Michael a hug. “Good to see you.”

When Jan leaned over to give Holly a hug, Michael muttered, “Wish I could say the same…”

“This is Chevy,” Holly said, taking the toddler from Michael. “Chevy, say hi to Ms. Levinson.”

“It’s Levinson-Bernard,” Jan said, not really taking notice in the baby. “Andy and I got married last year…”

“Hey-yo!” Andy said, walking up to Michael and Holly, “Mikey-Mike, it’s good to see you again, sir! And it’s good to see you as well, H-O-double hockey sticks-Y…”

Michael shook hands with Andy.

“Good to see you, Andy,” Michael said. “So you and Jan…?”

“Yes, sir,” Andy said proudly. “I bought some candles from her, and then it was love at first burn.”

“Good for you guys,” Holly said, smiling. Jan was still glaring at Holly. “Congratulations…”

“Thank you, Holly,” Andy said, and he turned to Michael, “You better watch out, Michael, I might steal Holly from you too…”

“You better not!” Jan said loudly.

“I was only joking, my dear…” Andy said, “Now, I’m gonna get back to work!”

“All right, guys,” Jim said, “I’m just gonna get some work done, and you guys can feel free to walk around, and talk to people.”

“Aw,” Michael said, “My old office…”

“Yeah…” Jim said, letting Michael into his office.

“You know, Jim…Holly and I…” Michael said, chuckling, “The first time we did it, was right there…” Michael pointed to his old desk, and walked out of Jim’s office. If the camera guys were still there, Jim would have surely given the camera a look of shock.

“MICHAEL!”

Michael got the breath knocked out of him as Dwight rushed over to hug him.

“Michael! Are you back? Did you get your old job back?”

“No, Dwight, just visiting,” Michael said, massaging his ribs.

“Hey, Dwight…” Holly said, walking up to Dwight.

“Holly…Tiny One…” Dwight quickly turned back to Michael. “Michael, please come back, I think Jim is sabotaging our company.”

“What was that?” Jim asked, walking out of his office.

“Nothing, sir,” Dwight said, suddenly standing stiff as a board, like a soldier, “I was just saying hello to my old friend, sir.”

“At ease, salesman,” Jim said.

“Thank you, sir!” Dwight said, walking to his desk.

“Punishment…” Jim told Holly when she and Michael gave him a confused expression. “Just a joke…”

“What did he do?” Holly asked, walking towards the break room.

“I was messing around, I told him that I've been a spy from the CIA, and he actually believed me, so I told him that I'd try to recruit him,” Jim explained. "That was like two years ago, and he's still trying..."

“Wow…I should have done that,” Michael said, and he suddenly stopped.

Holly looked at him, and saw that Michael was glaring at someone. She turned to look at who Michael was glaring at. It was Toby. Toby got up from his chair, and walked up to Michael smiling.

“Hey, Michael,” Toby said, “Long time no…”

“Why are you even here? Why is he even here?” Michael demanded.

“Michael, stop…” Holly muttered, giving Toby an apologetic look.

“I work here…” Toby mumbled.

“Well, go back to work, weirdo,” Michael said, walking into the break room

Jim went back to his office to work, while Michael, Holly, and Chevy chatted with Oscar.

“So whatever happened with Angela and Andy?” Holly asked Oscar.

“Oh,” Oscar said, “Andy found out that Angela had been cheating on him with Dwight…”

“What?!”

“Yeah, he called off the wedding, and he started dating Jan…” Oscar said.

“Wow,” sighed Holly.

“Oh, hey, Toby,” Michael said, just as Toby walked in. “Can you shut the door on your way out? Thanks…”

Toby mumbled something about wanting to get a soda, and silently left the break room with Oscar.

“Michael, be nice,” Holly said.

“You have no idea what it was like after you left here…” Michael said. “Seeing Toby sitting at your old desk—it was…it was terrible. The worst moment of my life.”

“That was years ago,” Holly said, smiling. “But I told Pam that I’d meet her at the mall…I’ll see you later tonight.”

“Okay,” Michael said, giving Holly and Chevy kisses. “Have fun!”

Michael walked Holly and Chevy to their car, and watched as the drove away. When he got back into the office, he bumped into Kevin.

“Hey, big guy,” Michael said, shaking Kevin’s hand. “How’ve you been?”

“I’ve been good,” Kevin said, “so you and Holly are still together?”

“Yeesh,” Michael said. Kevin didn’t say anything back, so Michael excused himself. He heard Kevin mumbling, “what a waste.”

“Hey Mike!” Daryl said, as Michael walked into the kitchen.

“D-bag! How you’ve been, man?” Michael asked, shaking Daryl’s hand.

“Dinkin Flicka, Mike,” Daryl said.

Michael sat in the break room for the rest of the day while people filtered in and out. He found out that Dwight and Angela had gotten married, and that they already had two kids, and he was surprised to see that Creed still worked there. Finally, Jan came into the break room, and sat next to Michael.

“So you and Holly got married?” Jan asked.

“Yeah, that’s why I left this company,” Michael replied. “I’m actually VP at CP Paper Merchants now…”

“Congratulations,” Jan said.

“So how’s Astird?”

“Astrid,” Jan corrected him.

“Sorry, how’s she doing?” Michael asked, “She’s about nine now, right?”

“Yes she is, and she’s doing fine,” Jan said, “I signed her up for some beauty pageants…”

“Right…”

“So Holly’s treating you well, then?”

“Of course, she’s an angel,” Michael replied, smiling. “She and Chevy make me feel like a king.”

Just then, Jim and everyone else from the office walked into the break room.

“So Michael,” Jim said smiling, “since you’re visiting, we decided to have a Dundies celebration in the warehouse tonight.”

“Really?!” Michael asked excitedly.

“Yup,” Jim said, as everyone smiled and nodded behind him. “And we all thought it would be fun if you co-hosted.”

“Wow…I didn’t prepare anything,” Michael said, “But I’ll do it! This is great!”

Later that night, Jim and Michael went over the list of Dundie winners, and Michael had tried to come up with jokes. Holly and Pam were sitting with everyone in the warehouse with Chevy and Emily. Michael heard Dwight yelling at everyone to settle down, and heard music blaring.

“Early with the cue…” Michael said, running out.

Everyone cheered as Michael sang his own rendition of “OPP.” Michael felt good about himself.

“Okay, so the first award of the night,” Jim said into his microphone, “the first sales award…goes to Ryan!”

Ryan looked embarrassed as he walked up to grab the trophy from Jim.

“Congratulations on your first sale!” Michael said, hugging Ryan, “Don’t start any fires, sweet cheeks.”

“FIRE GUY!” Kevin yelled.

“This next award goes to Holly and Pam,” Jim said, “they get the Welcome Back award!”

Pam and Holly walked up to Jim and Michael to get their trophies, both smiling, and hugging their husbands.

“I thought you said I was going to get the hottest outside the office award,” Pam mumbled in Jim’s ear. Jim just cleared his throat.

The awards went on. Kelly won the most talkative award, Kevin won the don’t go in there after me award (again), Andy won the acapella award, Dwight won the world’s best assistant award, Angela won the designated driver award, Meredith won the AA award, Oscar got the best dressed in the office award, and Stanley won the excellent work award.

“Creed! Step away from Chevy!” Michael yelled into his microphone, causing everyone to cover their ears.

“And Emily!” Jim yelled.

Creed was bent down, untying his shoe laces in front of Holly, Pam, Chevy, and Emily, all wearing horrified expressions on their faces.

“I just wanted to show them my four toes…” Creed said.

“Back away, Creed!” Michael warned.

Just then, David Wallace came down into the warehouse. He smiled and waved to everyone, and then walked up to Michael.

“Jim invited me,” Wallace said, shaking Michael’s hand, “I wanted to talk to you later…”

“All right,” Michael said, slightly confused. He looked over at Holly who was giving him a quizzical look, and he shrugged.

“Let’s take ten,” Jim said to everyone, and they all got up, and began talking to one another.

Michael walked outside with Wallace.

“So…what’s up, David?” Michael asked.

“I just wanted to apologize for sending Holly away,” Wallace replied. “I didn’t think you would actually quit…”

“Water under the bridge,” Michael said awkwardly.

“Well, we’re actually thinking of opening the Stamford branch back up,” Wallace continued, “And we were wondering if you wanted to be the manager there…”

“Leave Nashua?”

“Yeah, if that’s what you want…”

“Listen, I appreciate it, but I actually got promoted at CP…I’m going to be the Vice President…” Michael said. “Holly doesn’t know yet…I wanted to surprise her.”

“Oh,” said Wallace, “it would have been great to have you come back, but…Congratulations, Michael!”

David shook Michael’s hand again. “You were a good guy, Michael.”

“Thanks,” Michael said, “You too…”

Michael walked inside, and walked over to Holly and Chevy who were talking to Kevin. Michael picked Chevy up, and gave him a kiss.

“You having fun, big fella?” Michael asked, and Chevy nodded. “Hey Kevin, can you keep an eye on Chevy for us? Holly and I need to talk…”

“I, uh…” Kevin stuttered.

“Thanks,” Michael said, walking away with Holly.

“What did Wallace say?” Holly asked Michael.

“He offered me a job…at Stamford,” Michael said smiling.

“Did you take it?”

“No,” Michael said, “Because I got promoted at CP.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Holly asked smiling.

“I wanted it to be a surprise,” Michael replied shrugging.

“But you loved working for Dunder-Mifflin…”

“I know. But I love you more,” Michael said, “And Dunder-Mifflin tried to take you away from me.”

Holly smiled, and gave Michael a kiss.

“All right, everyone,” Michael turned around, and saw Jim standing with the microphone. “We have one last Dundie to give out, and then we can all get drunk…”

Everyone laughed, and cheered.

“This last award,” Jim said, holding up a big trophy, “Goes to a man that I personally think brought us all closer together. This award goes to a guy who treated everyone like family…sure he was politically incorrect sometimes, and he said a lot of inappropriate things, but he was a guy that loved all of his employees. The world’s best boss award goes to Michael Scott!”

Everyone cheered louder, and they all began clapping Michael’s back, and gave him hugs. Michael was deeply touched (that’s what she said), and Holly gave him a kiss. She then urged him to go up (that’s what she said again).

“Wow,” Michael laughed, “Thank you…everyone. I missed you guys. Even you, Toby. I’m not gonna lie, I loved working here at Dunder-Mifflin, and I miss the hell out of it. I was always treated with respect…”

Michael nodded to David Wallace, who nodded back.

“I guess,” Michael continued, “I just have to say thank you to all of you guys. And I’d like to thank Holly, for giving me the thing that I’ve always wanted: sex.”

Everyone laughed, and Holly felt herself blushing.

“But seriously though, Holly gave me the best gift of all…our son, Chevy,” Michael said, beginning to tear up. “But anyway…thank you all!”

Everyone began cheering, as Michael walked over to his family to embrace them again. Jim and Pam came over to them, and gave them each a hug.

“Seriously, Jim,” Pam said, as they watched Michael and Holly feeding Chevy, “Why didn’t I get the hottest outside the office award?”

Jim smiled, “Because I’m gonna give you that award tonight, Pam…”

“That’s what she said!” Michael called over his shoulder towards Jim and Pam.


Jim smiled at Pam, and gave her a kiss. After all those years of pain and heartbreak, Jim knew things were truly going to be good. There would be no more nights wondering about the girl from the hockey rink. There would be no more nights of late night drinking. There would be no more nights of feeling alone...Things were going to be good. Sure, things won't always be perfect; there would be speed bumps along the way. There would no longer be anymore Katy's, or Karen's, or Roy's...it would just be Jim and Pam. And as Jim stared down at Pam and Emily, he knew he had so much more to live for.

As for Michael, he had never been happier in his life. He was a father of a healthy young boy, and the husband of a woman that truly got him. For Michael, there would be no more sleeping on a bed bench, or getting teased in a playground. He had Holly and Chevy, and that's all he needed, and that's what he lives for; even if they were a handful. That's what she said.

“So,” Michael said to Jim later that night, “Was this year’s Dundie’s a success?”

“Absolutely, it was,” Jim said, as he and Michael smiled as they watched Pam, Emily, Holly, and Chevy all laughing together.
Chapter End Notes:
Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the story! I had a fun time writing it! Let me know how you guys like it, and thanks for reading!

Yes, it took Ryan over 11 years to make his first sale...


beermefive is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Hockey and Fundle also liked 1689 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans