- Text Size +

Pam chewed her bottom lip as she rubbed the charcoal over one more time, creating another shadow. Talking to Jim during the storm had inspired her, she had conquered two fears in one night, the fear of storms and the fear of the unknown.

She had rejected Jim not because she didn't love him, oh she loved him. But she rejected him because she didn't know if that love was long lasting, if his love would waiver, like her and Roy's. She couldn't handle it if it did, it would kill her to make such a sacrifice only to be disappointed.  But instead she left Roy not for Jim but for herself, realizing that she couldn't settle because she was afraid of what was out there, she had to make things work for her.

With or without Jim.

Jim chose to make her do it without him for months, and Pam didn't want to anymore. She was tired of her mind always floating back to him, being haunted by what could have been with him, when if she only tried, it still COULD be.

She smudged more charcoal in the picture of storm clouds she drew. She was so happy he said he would come next weekend to her show. Part of her wanted to drive up to Stamford, take him to lunch and just see his smile. But she didn't want to push her look.

The storm of confusion that was he rlife for many months was over, and she was happy to see some sort of rays of light filtering in.

She barely heard the knock at her door. She put down the charcoal and rubbed the hands on her jeans before opening the door.

A finger covered the peephole and she frowned.

"Who is it?"

"Fine. Okay it's Mark."

Pam looked confused as she opened the door and it revealed Jim's roomate.

"Mark?"

"Sup, Pam."

"Um...nothing much, can I help you?"

Mark shook his head. "No, just dropping off a package for you."

Pam smiled. "From Jim? A package?"

She was so easy, just the mention of his name made her smile.

"Yeah," Mark replied. "He couldn't Fed ex it, cheap bastard."

Pam giggled but she noticed Mark's hands were empty. "Well, where is it?"

Mark looked over. "Oh, it's riding around trying to find a parking space for the car."

"Wha-" Pam peeked out the door and saw a tall man walking up from the parking lot. She never felt so happy to see anyone. "JIM!"

She ran out, past Mark and jumped on Jim.

"Whoa!"

"Oh my! Why?! How?!"

Jim laughed and shook his head. "Mark knew where you moved. I needed to see you."

She beamed brightly as he let her go and they walked back to her apartment. He looked at her the whole way, smiling.

"You have a smudge on your cheek." he replied, lifting his thumb to her face.

She blushed and smiled. "I've been drawing. Want to see?"

"'Course. But um...I wanted to let you know something first."

Pam's smile faltered a bit. Jim bit his lip and looked down.

"I love you and I want this to work more than anything. I drove all the way down here because I just had to be near you, breathe the same air as you."

"That's sweet Jim-"

"No," he interrupted. "I want this to work out, but you have to understand, I have sacrificed alot for you. I want you that bad. I love you that much. And I'm not telling you this to be controlling or be a bastard, but Pam, please, please mean this...because I-I don't think I'll recover too good next time."

Pam's eyes watered and she grabbed him and kissed him so hard he almost fell backwards.

She puleld back only when Mark started making cat calls.

"I love you, every cell in my body is screaming that."

He wanted to cry but that would be too girly. Aww fuck it. Even though it wasn't raining, his face was wet with tears and kisses.



Binxbaby is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked The Thunderstorm also liked 2612 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans