- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a quick look into another bedtime routine.
She is sitting on their queen bed, adjusting her loosely fitting, bedtime shirt when she decides to watch him.

He is in their bathroom, brushing his teeth. She’s noticed, since they’ve been living together, that he brushes his teeth for exactly two and a half minutes. He has a small timer that oozes sand from top to bottom, the one his mother gave him when he was nine after the dentist told him to “stay away from candy after seven o’clock! That’s when the cavity goblins wake-up and eat your teeth!”

So after about two minutes, in the homestretch of the teeth-brushing race, bubbles drip and drop from Jim’s mouth as frothy, white foam trickles down his chin.

It is quite adorable.

Pam tip-toes toward the bathroom, a smile across her face as she watches her kid-at-heart fiancé finish his brushing session.

At this point, the spearmint lather has accumulated down his entire chin, coating his five-o’clock shadow in white. When he sees her in the mirror behind him, his lips spread wide to form a smile, causing more foam to ooze.

“I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause,” Pam sings into his ear, her hands on his broad shoulders.

He reaches for a towel and wipes his mouth, his grin wide.

He turns slightly to face her and she presses her lips into his formerly white, bubbly grin. Mint slips past her lips and is cool against her cheek as she pulls away to laugh.

“Underneath the bathroom light tonight,” Jim finishes, wiping his mouth dry and rinsing with water.

He turns to face her and flashes a smile.

“Absolutely luminous,” she says, grinning. She kisses him again, his lips cool against hers. Her favorite time to kiss him is after he brushes his pearly whites. Don’t get her wrong, she loves kissing him any time during their days. But the spearmint or peppermint or a combination of the two slick on his tongue is quite a delight.

“You should have been a dentist. Most people would kill for a smile like yours,” she comments, enjoying his straight, icy-white teeth.

“But then I wouldn’t have met you.”

“Good point.”

“Besides,” he says, pulling her toward their bed, “Although having good teeth is a plus, I find that kissable lips are the key in any working relationship.”

She laughs, reaching for her lip balm on her nightstand.

“I have to agree with you there, Halpert.”

She applies a healthy coating of Bert’s Bee’s mint lip balm and proceeds to press her lips into his. His fingers tighten around hers.

“And you,” he smiles, his nose touching hers, “Are what I call luminous.”
Chapter End Notes:
Short, I know, but it's their bedtime! They are tired and might have other *cough* important *cough* things to do. More to come!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans