- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
NanReg = Most Awesome Beta Ever ;o)

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters. If I did, we'd have hour long episodes on Cinemax or something of just Jim & Pam doing nothing but *inserts your fantasy here*
-----------------



The next weekend found Jim and Pam at their local Radio Shack with the intent of buying a camcorder.

About a week had passed since they first talked about it, but with Pam’s classes and Jim’s new clients, they hadn’t been able to do anything except “practice”.

There were so many different options neither of them had anticipated. After telling a particularly pushy salesman that they were just looking for now, Jim and Pam compared three possible options. For Pam though, the cost of most of the camcorders was enough to make her gasp.

“Wow, the prices of some of these could pay for my annual tuition at school!”

Although Jim had already told her that he wanted to buy it, she was hesitant to let him pay that much just for a camcorder and had told him so.

Now, standing there, she whispered once more, “With the price of these, I would rather just drive back for the real thing instead of…you know…watching the video.”

Jim smiled and whispered back to her, “Why are we talking so low?”

She bumped her shoulder to his, “Because I don’t want other people to overhear what we’re planning to do with our purchase!”

His smile grew and, drawing her to his side, he said into her hair, “Well, stop worrying about the cost. I consider it an investment.”

She looked up at him in question, “An investment? Is there a dirty joke somewhere in there that I don’t know?”

Rolling his eyes, Jim said in an exaggeratedly patient voice, “No, Pam. There’s no dirty joke.” And in a more serious tone continued, “Think about it--when we have kids, we’ll be able to use it to record when we first bring them home from the hospital, their first steps. You know…moments like that.”

Pam didn’t say anything for a second, just looked at him with the widest smile on her face. Sliding her hand into his hair and gently pulling his mouth toward hers, she gave him the softest kiss. She murmured, “That is a great investment.”

Pam knew that if they weren’t in public, she would’ve attacked him right then and there. She felt the same reaction every time they talked about kids because, for her, the image of Jim holding their baby was so impossibly sweet and sexy.

In the end, they decided on a Panasonic model that was both reasonably priced and, according to the cashier, had all the technology that they needed to make a great video. Of course, the cashier didn’t know why his two customers were grinning like mad. He just ignored them as he rang up their purchase.

Once they were in Jim’s car heading home, Pam leaned in close and whispered into his ear, “You know, all this talk about babies kind of puts me in the mood…”

Jim looked over at her and, without a word, pressed harder on the accelerator.


-----------------

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans