- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first attempt at fanfic of any kind. This story is totally unbeta'ed...because I'm a massochist that way ;) Future chapters will be chock full o'the smut, hence the MA rating.

I feel it's important to note that the Jim I'm writing in this story is a bit different from the Jim we all know. I seriously doubt the Jim we know would ever bring up this "idea" to Pam. So I think a little belief-suspension on the part of the reader is required.

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim tests the waters with Pam.

A short chapter to get the story going. The next chapter(s) will dig into the meat and potatoes of this story.
“Pam, c’mon. You’re telling me you’ve NEVER considered it?”

“Never.”

“Not once?”

“Nope.”

“I find that pretty hard to believe. I think everyone’s considered it at some point.”

“Not everyone, Jim. Not me.”

Jim laughed a bit and expected Pam to join him. When she didn’t, his eyes widened in surprise. “Wait…you’re serious?”

“Yes, I’m serious. Did you think I was kidding?”

“Well, yeah, actually I did.” He stared at her face for a few awkward moments, then chuckled.
“Huh…interesting, Beesly.”

“What?”

“Nothing. I’m just…surprised.”

“You are? Why? ’Cause I’m such an adventurous vixen in bed?” Pam wiggled her eyebrows and gave Jim one of her famous wide toothy smiles.

“Hey, let me tell you something, young lady. The things you do to me? In there?”, he said as he gestured toward their bedroom door, “Legendary stuff, Beesly. You have no idea.“ He gave his best deer-in-the-headlights look, almost as if he were traumatized. Pam collapsed in a fit of embarrassed giggles.

“No, I just…I don’t know. I guess I figured with Roy being… Roy…it would have come up at some point.”

Pam let out a hearty laugh. “Yeah I guess I can understand that, but no it never did. Oh sure he joked about it sometimes, especially around the guys.” She rolled her eyes at the memory. “But he never actually approached me about doing it or anything. He probably figured there was no point because I’d never say yes.”

“Never, huh?”

“Oh God no. Eww!”

“ ‘Eww’? Really? How old are you exactly?”

“Shut up! It’s gross! And what better word is there to describe something gross than ‘eww’?”

“Well, you could have just said ‘gross’…or ‘disgusting’…or ‘repulsive’…or…”

“Oh my God, stop!” She playfully swatted his arm. “You really enjoy being my own personal vocabulary police, don’t you?”

After Jim’s laughter died down, he asked, “So you really think it’s gross, huh?”

“Yeah, I do. I mean I know it’s like every guy’s fantasy or whatever, but I just…I could NEVER see myself doing that.” She firmly shook her head. It was clear her mind was made up on this particular subject.

“Huh. Wow. Uhh…ok then.”
Jim hoped she didn’t hear the disappointment in his voice.

“What?”

“Nothing.” He shook his head a little; imperceptible to most, but of course Pam noticed.

“What was that?”

“What was what?”

“You shook your head.”

“No I…didn’t”.

“Yes. Yes you did.”

“Pam, I don’t know what you’re ta…”

She interrupted him, “Jim, why do you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Treat me like an idiot when we both know I saw you shake your head?”

“Pam, I’m certainly not ‘treating you like an idiot’.” He formed air quotes. Pam had asked him roughly 147 times to stop that annoying habit.

“Whatever…just…fine! Why did you bring this up anyway?”

“I don’t know. No reason. Just conversation, I guess.”

“Well then why do you seem, like, upset or something?”

“I’m not upset, Pam. Ok?" The tone of his voice clearly suggested otherwise.

He desperately hoped that Pam would let this go and change the subject. He was not happy with the direction this conversation was heading.

“Jim, yes you ARE upset! See? This is what I mean. Obviously you’re upset about something I said so why can’t you just…”

She paused.

Her jaw began to slowly fall open as a sudden wave of panic came across her face.

“Umm…hang on a minute.” Her eyes were wide as saucers, darting randomly around the room. They suddenly stopped and fixated squarely on her tall, handsome, scared shitless fiancée.

“Jim, please tell me that you are not...” She stared pointedly at him, punctuating each word. Yet she could not bring herself to finish the sentence.

“Tell you I’m not…what?”

“Tell me you’re not…uhh…suggestingthat.” The word “that” was drenched in disgust.

“Pam, no! Geez, I’m not, ok? I just…umm…” He trailed off and let out an exasperated sigh. He turned away from her and stared blankly at the corner of the room. He was lost in thought for a few seconds before abruptly shaking himself from his haze. “You know what? Never mind. Just forget I brought it up.”

“Jim…”

“No, really. Let’s just drop it, ok?”

“Jim, c’mon. Don’t do that. You know I hate when you do that.”

Of course he knew. He knew all kinds of things about Pam Beesly. He knew her favorite color was maroon. He knew she only used real butter on her toast. He knew she preferred to fold her socks rather than roll them into balls. He knew if he pushed her hair back and kissed behind her earlobe, she would be instantly, irreversibly turned on.

And now he knew she would never, ever participate in a threesome.

“Pam, look. I just think this topic of conversation was a mistake, so…I’m ending it. Alright? It clearly makes you uncomfortable, so…moving on.”

They both sat in awkward silence for what felt like hours, each staring absently at their own chosen spot on the floor. Jim did his best to hide his feelings on what had just transpired, but he was unable to stop the head shaking and occasional sighs of frustration. He knew he was being ridiculous about this. He finally had everything he ever wanted…except he actually didn’t. Not really. Not everything. Because for Jim Halpert, the two-girls-at-once scenario was much more than just some overzealous male fantasy. It was something he thought about more often than he dared admit. It was something that he played on an almost constant mental loop since the age of 15.

For Jim Halpert, the two-girls-at-once scenario was, in fact, an obsession.
Chapter End Notes:
Well, there it is. My first chapter of my first fanfic, which will probably result in my first heart attack if the reviews are bad. So be gentle with me (TWSS).

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans