- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

            Pam knew all kids loved to scribble with crayons, and that Sophie’s love of it didn’t mean she would grow up to be an artist. But she still encouraged Sophie to draw at every opportunity, hoping to foster the creative gene.

 

            “Mommy, mommy! I drawed you something!” Sophie came rushing into the room, and promptly climbed on Pam’s lap.

            “Oooh, let’s see,” Pam examined the drawing. Jim had jokingly said that their daughter had a future in abstract art, and this drawing certainly fit the bill. She thought she saw a face somewhere in the mess, and, hoping it was a person, asked, “And who is this?”

            “It’s you!” Sophie said, happy that her mother had guessed correctly. “See, dere’s your face, and hands, and legs.” She pointed out each part of the drawing as she named it – Pam’s three hands with 18 fingers each, legs that stretched the entire length of the paper, and purple hair.

            “And what’s this?” Pam pointed to the scribbles above her hair.

            “Dat’s your crown!” Sophie said, as if this should have been obvious. “Cause you’re a princess!”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans