- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just pure un-beta'd fluff....
Hours later when the dinner plates were cleared, the cake was cut, and people were mingling and dancing, Jim broke away from a conversation with his brothers to track down his new bride. They had managed a few glances at each other across the room, but they hadn’t had much chance to talk. Jim guessed that was what the honeymoon was for. But he didn’t care. He was a married man now and he just wanted to see his wife.

“Mrs. Beesly, have you seen my wife?” Jim asked, approaching Pam’s mom while he looked around the room.

“Call me Helene, Jim,” she said. “And I think I saw her run off to the bathroom with Penny and Isabel.”

“Great, thanks,” Jim said, turning to head off in that direction.

“Jim,” Helene said, stopping him before he headed off. “I just wanted to thank you for making my daughter so very happy. She loves you so much and I think she found a really good guy.”

Jim smiled. “Thank you, Mrs. Bees….. Sorry… Helene. Thank you. She is my world and I love her more than anything.” Jim hugged his mother in law and excused himself quickly when he saw Pam come back into the room with her sister.

“Can I steal my wife for a few minutes, Penny?” He asked his new sister in law and Penny nodded and smiled.

“You okay?” Jim asked Pam, concerned that she might not be feeling well. While she was out of her first trimester, she still had the tendency to get sick at the drop of a hat, a pregnancy side effect that her doctor said might last for several more months.

“Yeah, I’m good,” she said, smiling and touching her stomach. “Baby is behaving today and I haven’t thrown up in a good 24 hours.”

“Alright Beesly!” Jim said, out of habit, and high-fived her.

“Well,” Pam said. “We had a long talk last night. I promised to eat A LOT of cake and in exchange, I get to keep it down. It’s a win-win-win.”

Jim chuckled and took her hands in his. “Will you dance with me Mrs. Halpert?” he asked, already leading her onto the dance floor.

“Yes… please….” Pam said.

Jim wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her close. He took her hand with his other and pulled it close to his chest. She leaned her head against his chest and he rested his head on hers.

“I feel like I barely seen you in the past couple of hours,” he said, quietly.

Pam nodded in agreement. “I know. I can’t wait to get out of here and spend the next week with you. Just. You. And. Me.” She reached up to kiss him.

They swayed with the music for a few beats in silence, just enjoying being in each other’s arms.

“Do you know how much I love you?” Jim asked.

Pam smiled. “Well, I thought it was pretty evident today, but it doesn’t hurt to hear.”

“I love you… so much,” he told her, pulling her as close to him as possible.

“I love you too,” she said. “I realized today that you are the only sane person in my life. So, thank you for that.”

“Oh, they all mean well,” Jim said. “Apparently weddings bring out the crazy in people.”

“I guess so! I’ve been trying not to egg my mom on but I really can’t believe my dad brought a date to our WEDDING! I didn’t even know he was dating someone…. And then he just shows up with her. At his daughter’s wedding?? I mean… seriously? Am I overreacting?” Pam asked, looking up at Jim.

Jim shrugged. “I really don’t know,” he said. “I was pretty shocked when he introduced me but I thought I just missed that whole chapter in the ‘What To Expect When You’re Getting Married’ book.”

“I knew you read those books when I wasn’t looking,” Pam laughed, swatting him on the arm.

“Yeah, well, I just wanted to impress you,” Jim said. “You seem to make a habit out of planning weddings and I wanted to make sure that when you thought back on it that I was the most helpful.”

“I hate you,” Pam said, shaking her head. But Jim just laughed and pulled her close to him again.

“That sucks,” he said. “Cause you are stuck with me now. I will promise you something though.”

“What’s that?” Pam asked.

“I promise you that when our daughter gets married, you are the only date I will bring. Even if you are sick of me by then.”

“You are the man of my dreams, Mr. Halpert,” Pam said.

“And you are the woman of mine, Mrs. Halpert,” Jim replied.

“Mrs. Halpert,” Pam repeated. “I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of hearing that.”

“Well, if you do I’ll try to change your mind,” Jim said. He leaned down and kissed Pam tenderly right below her ear. He knew just the spot that drove her crazy. Lately it had been so easy and he had so much fun turning her on, especially at inappropriate places. Work, right before dinner with his parents, the grocery store. It was his favorite pregnancy side effect so far.

“Jim….” Pam moaned quietly.

“Hmmm?” He asked, continuing to trace a trail of kisses down her neck.

“You have got to stop,” she whispered.

“When do we get to go upstairs?” Jim whispered in her ear.

“Now?” Pam asked.

“Seriously?” he asked, pulling away from her a little bit. “Because you don’t have to tell me twice.”

“I’m serious if you are,” Pam answered. “But I really don’t want to say goodbye to everyone. I just want them to all go away.”

Jim looked in Pam’s eyes as he did earlier that day and just wanted to give her what she wanted. And for the second time that day, Jim took Pam’s hand and they snuck away.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans