- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Honeymoon Fluff... Part 1
“Can I give you your present now?” Jim whispered in Pam’s ear.

She turned to him, smiling, and nodded. They had been in the honeymoon suite for approximately one hour. The second the shut the door behind them, they peeled off each other’s clothes and fell into bed. The had officially consummated their marriage twice and had been lying lazily in the king size bed for the last 20 minutes.

He climbed out of bed and slid on his boxers and Pam snickered.

“What are you laughing at?” he asked from across the room.

“I just don’t know why you are wasting your time putting those back on,” she said, gesturing her head towards his boxers.

“I can’t have you getting used to seeing me naked whenever you want. You have to work for that privilege ” he replied. He grabbed a box from his overnight bag and with one hand behind his back, head back to the bed.

“Hey,” Pam said. “Can you hand me my purse?”

He looked at her and raised an eyebrow. “Chapstick,” she said. “I gotta keep these puppies lubricated.” She smacked her lips.

“That’s what she….” Jim started handing her her purse.

She took her purse and set it on the ground near the bed. “NO.” She said firmly.

He climbed back on the bed and sat so he was facing her, pulling his hand from behind his back.

“I really hope you like this,” he said. “There’s nothing I could get you that would show you how special you are to me but… well, I just hope you like it.”

He set the turquoise box with a white ribbon in her hand.

“Jim,” Pam said, her voice shaking in disbelief. “This is from Tiffany’s.”

“I hope so,” he chuckled. “Cause that’s where I bought it.”

Pam sat there, just staring at the box. “Open it,” he prodded, tapping her knee.

Pam took a deep breath and pulled the ribbon off the box. When she took the lid off, she saw on a cloud of white satin, a white gold band of diamonds.

“Ohmigod,” she gushed. “Wha…. What is this?”

“Your real wedding band,” Jim said, taking her left hand and gently pulling off her rings. “Remember that day that we went and bought our wedding bands?” She nodded. “I went back and returned yours. I know without a doubt that you would be happy with anything but I really wanted you to have something special. So this….”

He held up the gold wedding band that he had put on her hand earlier that day and tossed it over his shoulder. “Was $10. And I was really hoping you wouldn’t notice. At least for a couple hours, until I could give you this.” He pulled the ring out of the box she was still holding in her hand and placed it on her finger, followed by her engagement ring. He pulled her hand to his lips and kissed her fingers.

Tears spilled over Pam’s eyes and down her cheeks. “I don’t even know what to say. Thank you doesn’t seem like enough. But…. thank you…. So much.” She examined her new ring and looked at Jim. Taking his face in both of her hands, she kissed him deeply.

“I got something for you too,” she said quietly. “But I am mortified now. There is no way that it even compares to…. To diamonds.”

Jim grabbed her hand and held it tight with his own. “When are you going to realize that you have already given me more of a gift then I could have ever asked for. You married me for pete’s sake. And you are carrying my child.” He gently touched Pam’s stomach and she smiled. “You could give me a box of dirt for all I care.”

Pam sighed. “Ok,” she said. “I wish I’d gone first though.” She leaned over and pulled a long red envelope out of her purse and placed it in his hands.

“What is it?” he asked her, turning the envelope over in his hands.

“Open it and see,” she laughed, nervously.
Jim slowly slid his finger underneath the flap and pulled out the contents. He gasped.

“Is this a joke?” he asked.

“Nope,” she answered, smugly.

“Oh Pam,” he said. “These are…. No way…. Seriously?”

Pam laughed. “Yep,” she said.

Jim leaned towards his side of the bed and grabbed his cell phone. Pam looked at him questioningly but he didn’t give her an explanation. Instead he flipped his phone open, thumbed through his call log and pressed ‘send’ when he found the number he was looking for.

“Bro, you are supposed to be on your honeymoon,” Pete said on the other end of the phone.

“Yeah,” Jim answered. “I am. And I can’t talk. I just called to tell you that I win. Not that there was EVER any question, but hands down I have the best wife ever.”

“Okay, okay, newlywed,” Pete said. “I don’t need to hear about all the blow…..”

Jim quickly cut him off. “Tickets to game three of the World Series. And you’re not going.” Jim shut the phone and threw it across the room. It landed with a clink next to Pam’s fake wedding band.

He pushed Pam back onto the pillows behind her and kissed her, his hands moving from her face to her hair.

“So… you like?” Pam asked.

“I don’t have any idea why you would have ever thought that those tickets would not be equivalent to diamonds but yeah…. I like.”

Pam ran her hands through his hair and then brought it down to his cheek. “Well, I know it’s only game 3 but I wanted to make sure that you’d be able to see a game. And it’s on a Saturday. And I you don’t have to take me…. I want you to take whoever you want.”

He silenced her with a kiss. “You, babe, are definitely coming with me. Remember that time we went to a Phillies game?” He asked her. Pam nodded and he kissed her below her ear. “And stayed the night in Philly?”

“Mmm hmmm,” Pam muttered and Jim kissed her neck.

“That was the first time you told me that you loved me,” Jim said, gently kissing her again, this time on the lips.

“I should have told you a lot sooner than that,” Pam said, pushing on his nose with her finger.

But Jim shook his head. “Some of it sucked,” he said. “A lot of it sucked. But I would not change one single thing starting from the day I met you.”

“I would,” Pam said.

“Really,” He said. “What would you change?”

Pam smiled. “About 10 minutes ago, when you put on those boxers….. Now…. Take them off.”
Chapter End Notes:
So please play along with the fact that the band that Jim got Pam matches her other ring. And that it was determined BEFORE the wedding who was going to be in the World Series. Luckily (for the story) they do have a game in Philly on a Saturday.

Click Here For Pam's Ring

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans