- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, this chapter is also un-beta'd but I wanted to update as soon as I was done writing. I hope you enjoy.
“Oh my gosh, it’s so beautiful,” Pam gushed as she opened the door to their room at the Inn on the Blue Horizon.

Jim followed her into the room and set their bags down by the dresser. The room really was beautiful. It was homey and romantic with its four poster bed and large windows overlooking the ocean. The windows were open and there was a warm breeze flowing through the curtains.

“You’re gonna have a hard time getting me out of here,” Pam told him.

Jim came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, his hands resting on her fast growing belly. Pam leaned back into him.

“We could be staying at a Super 8,” Jim said. “And you’d have a hard time getting me out of this room.”

“We will though, right?” Pam asked. “Get out of this room, I mean.”

Jim laughed into her neck. “We’ll try,” he said.

“We could start tonight,” she said. “With dinner at that restaurant downstairs? I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry,” he joked. “But I’ll take you to eat anyway.”

“Good,” Pam smiled and covered his hands with her own. “Don’t forget I am eating for two.”

“You’re not too tired though? It has been a long day.”

“I’m okay right now,” she said. “You know I did sleep half the day. But I really would like to take a shower first. Do you mind?”

“Only if I can join you,” he said.

XXXXXXXXXXX

An hour later, they made their way downstairs hand in hand. They followed the hostess to their table and thanked her when she handed them their menus.
Pam looked up from her menu when she realized Jim was staring at her.

“What?” she asked, squinting her eyes at him.

“I love it when your cheeks are all rosy,” he told her, reaching out to gently stroke her cheek. “It must be from the hot water.”

Pam smiled. “Yeah, I think it’s from the shower, but I don’t think the water had anything to do with it.”

Jim blushed and shrugged. “I know how your hormones are these days,” he laughed. “I gotta keep my wife happy.”

Before Pam could answer with a snappy comeback, the waiter came to take their order. When their orders were placed, and their drinks refilled, Jim took Pam’s hands in his own across the table.

“Can you believe we’re finally here?” He asked her. She knew that he was not only taking about Puerto Rico, but there in general. Together, married, on their honeymoon, starting a family.

“Well, from the sound of your toast the other night, it sounds like you knew all along that we would be someday.”

“I hoped,” he said. “I really did.”

Pam nodded. “I know,” she said, quietly. She looked at him and opened her mouth to say something else but then quickly shut it.

Jim raised an eyebrow. “Tell me,” he said.

Pam took a deep breath. “I don’t know… I just… sometimes I get so scared because what if one of us had done… or said… one thing differently. We might not be here at all. I mean, I know that we are, but it still scares me that we were so close to… you know… not being here.”

Jim nodded. “Yeah, I know,” he said. “I used to play that game too but it’s so much better when you just forgot about that and realize that we are here. I don’t believe in coincidences, I think that everything happens for a reason. So I do believe that we were always meant to end up here.”

Pam smiled. “Tell me something,” she said. “Tell me something that you’ve never told me before.”

Jim grinned. Their hands were still intertwined across the table and he ran his thumb back and forth over the rings on her ring finger. “Okay,” he said. “Well… I almost didn’t take the job at Dunder Mifflin.”

“Really?” Pam asked. She couldn’t believe that she hadn’t heard that before.

Jim nodded. “Yep,” he said. “I had two interviews that day and I got offers on both. They were the same pay but the other job had a higher commission rate.”

“So, what was the deciding factor?”

“The jelly beans,” Jim laughed.

They were interrupted when the waiter came with their food. They both dug in immediately, both hungrier that they had realized. They also hadn’t noticed that another couple had been seated at the table next to them. When the waiter came to take their order, the lady looked over at Pam’s plate.

“I’ll have what she’s having,” she told the waiter. When he left, she turned to Pam. “What are you having?”

“Oh, it’s the Pollo con Papaya,” Pam said. “Chicken with Papaya.”

“Well it looks delicious,” the friendly stranger said, in a thick southern drawl.

“It is,” Pam agreed.

“Did ya’ll just get here?” The lady asked.

They both nodded. “Just a couple of hours ago,” Jim answered, since Pam had just taken a bite.

“We’ve been here a couple of days,” the lady continued. “We leave at the end of the week. I’m Benny, by the way. And this is my husband, Frank.”

“I’m Pam,” Pam said, shaking Benny’s extended hand. “And this is my husband, Jim.” She smiled widely at Jim as she said husband.

“Newlyweds?” Benny asked.

“Yes, and we’re still hoping to make it to the 48 hour mark,” Jim said, winking at Pam.

“Well, ya’ll are just precious. Where are you from?”

“Pennsylvania,” Jim said. “Scranton. You?”

“We’re from South Carolina,” Benny said. That explained the drawl.

They made small chit chat until the waiter brought Frank and Benny’s food and Jim and Pam’s check. Jim paid the bill and they wished their fellow diners a good evening.

“Listen,” Benny said, as they got up from the table. “We’re taking this trip tomorrow night to Bio Bay. Have you heard of it?” They both shook their heads. “It’s supposed to be amazing,” she continued. “It’s even in the Guinness Book of World Records. They have brochures at the front desk. Go check it out and if you want to, we’d love for you to join us. We’ll be around tomorrow, just look for us.”

“Thank you,” Pam said. “We’ll definitely check it out and let you know.”

They said good night and stopped at the front desk for a brochure on the way back to their room.

“This does look pretty awesome,” Jim said, pointing to the pictures on the brochure. “Maybe we should join Frank and Beans tomorrow night.”

“What did you just say?” Pam asked, a smile starting to break on her face. “What did you call them?”

“Frank and Beans,” Jim said, matter of factly.

Pam busted out laughing and he had to hold her up so she didn’t fall over. “Benny,” she said, when she was finally able to catch her breath. “Her name is not Beans, its Benny.”

“Oh,” Jim said. “I did think that was a little weird. But they are from the South…. I didn’t know.”

The elevator stopped on their floor and they made their way down the hall to their room. Pam was still giggling as Jim opened the door. “Are you still laughing at me?” Jim asked, pulling her to him.

“With you, Jim, not at you,” she said.

“Frank and beans,” he said again causing her to fall into the arm chair next to the bed in another fit of giggles.
He kicked off his shoes and then motioned for Pam to lift each foot so he could remove her sandals.

“I guess I’m gonna have to find a way to get you to stop laughing,” he told her. She reached her arms out and he pulled her to standing position. He leaned down and started to kiss her lips but moved to her neck instead. When she moaned softly and wrapped her arms around him, he moved to her lips.

“I’m not laughing anymore Halpert,” she said. “Now… take me to bed.”
Chapter End Notes:
Yay? Nay? There is more to come...


Sarah Kiacomesin is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 11 members. Members who liked Forever also liked 2100 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans