- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first ever fan fic story of any kind, so please bear with me if I do something wrong or my story isn't very good.

Pam decides to call off her wedding but not her relationship with Roy. One of the reasons Pam calls off her wedding is because she feels Roy's proposal was insincere and a result of excessive drinking on the Booze Cruise. But the main reason being what Jim told her on Casino Night. Jim changes his mind about trasferring away from the Scranton branch once he finds out about Pam calling off her wedding.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
The first chapter takes place on Jim's first day back to the office after his trip to Australia.
It was early Monday morning, 7:03 to be exact. Today was Jim's first day back to the office from his trip to Australia, and Pam hadn't gotten much sleep the previous night. She feel asleep late and woke up early due to the mixture of emotions she was feeling at the thought of seeing Jim for the first time since the night where she took a long, hard look at her life.

Pam crept out of her bed, trying not to wake Roy. As she turned to go to the kitchen she heard Roy moan in his sleep and felt uneasy for a moment. She first thought about what Jim said to her on Casino Night and remembered how excited, scared, and uncertain she felt. Then she recalled the morning after, when she told Roy she wasn't ready to get married. As she was explaining her reasons to Roy, she second guessed her decision when she saw the pain and sadness in his eyes. Afterall, she knew that Roy loved her, but he just didn't get her most of the time. When she explained that she wasn't ready for marriage but still wanted to stay with Roy, the pain in his eyes disappeared and he seemed completely content with what had just transpired. Pam snapped out of her brief recollection and headed to the kitchen to start up a pot of coffee.

While she was waiting for her coffee to brew she glanced at the clock which read 7:09. "I'll wake him up in about an hour," she said quitetly to herself. She noticed the pot was full and headed over to the cabinet to grab a pair of mugs, one for her and one for Roy. When she closed the cabinet door she noticed a glimmer of sunshine creeping onto the kitchen floor. She slid the blinds open and took in the beautiful view of nature in all of it's glory. She stood staring out the window for a moment and began to think of Jim once again and how excited and nervous she was for this day. She poured the coffee into her mug and placed Roy's next to the coffee pot. She took a quick sip and decided it was time for a shower.

Usually she'd sit and enjoy her coffee before getting ready for work, but this wasn't an ordinary day, and she didn't have that much time to sit around and gather herself. She wanted to look really good for Jim, and doing so took some extra prep time. After she hopped out of the shower she wrapped herself in a towl and searched through her closet. It didn't take her long to decide, as she'd had the perfect outfit in mind since the previous night.

She grabbed a rarely worn light blue top that showed a little more skin then what she was used to. Certainly nothing too flashy, but for Pam it was a change. No cardigan today either. She settled on a grey skirt, not unlike the ones she wears on normal days, but it was just slightly shorter then normal. She still pulled her hair back, but she put much more effort into making it look cute today.

After she was dressed she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled thinking about how sexy she was, a look she rarely, if ever goes for. The average person wouldn't notice these subtle changes in her appearance, but Pam is pretty conservative when it comes to what she's wearing, so this was a definite change in her normal routine. She then worried what Roy would think when he saw her "new look" for the day. Would he put two and two together, remember that Halpert, as he usually referred to him, was coming back today and notice that she'd put in the extra effort to welcome him back to Scranton?

"What am I thinking, he'll never notice," she thought. There was only one person she was certain that would notice. "OK, maybe three," referring to Michael and Kevin. Once she was satisfied with her appearance she realized it was time to wake up Roy.

"Roy, wake up, it's after 8," she whispered as she gently nudged Roy on his arm.

Roy let out a big yawn and stretched as he sat up in bed. "Good morning babe," he mumbled in a half yawn.

"Good morning," replied Pam as she kissed him on the cheek.

"You're already dressed and ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah I woke up a little early this morning."

"I see," replied Roy.

"I'll just wait for you in the living room while your getting ready."

"Alright, but could you do me a favor first and make me a cup of coffee?"

"Sure," replied Pam as she walked out of their bedroom and into the kitchen.

Pam poured coffee into the mug she left by the pot earlier and set it next to the newspaper on the kitchen table where Roy would see it. She picked up her mug, gone cold long ago, and put it in the microwave. Once the microwave dinged she grabbed her coffee and headed to the living room. She laid on the couch and turned the TV to the local news. She was hardly interested as she was focusing on how to approach Jim and what to say when she did.

Several minutes passed by when she heard Roy ask "You ready to head out babe?" interrupting her daydream.

"Yup, I just gotta grab my purse."

"I was right," she thought.

"He didn't notice," feeling surprisingly disappointed.
Chapter End Notes:
Like I said before, this is my first time writing this type of story, so feedback and suggestions are definitely welcome. Next up is Pam's encounter with Jim at the office. If people like it and think that I should continue, then I plan on stretching the story out over a couple of months (story wise, not real time) where the characters have a realistic oppurtunity to progress and make tough decisions overtime. I'll have the next update Wednesday or Thursday, thanks for reading and I appreciate all feedback!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans