- Text Size +
“Dammit, where—“Jim ran to the dresser and rummaged through yet another drawer, throwing clothes to the ground in his haste. “Where’s that shirt that I like?”

“Going to have to be a little more specific than that.” Pam sat on the bed and watched Jim shuffle around the room frantically.

“The shirt with the stripes… you know?”

“Did you check the closet?”

“The closet!” Jim ran to the closet, almost tripping over the clothes on the ground. He pulled a striped polo from a hanger, “I got it!” He thrust his arms in the shirt and pulled it over his head, smoothing it down. “So, how do I look?”

“Fine girl-Jim,” Pam teased. “Do you want me to braid your hair too?”

“Oh shut up, Beesley.” Jim threw a shirt at her head. Pam ducked and laughed.

Standing up from the bed, Pam said, “Seriously Jim, we’re going to be late. We really need to get a move on.”

“Yeah… I’m ready. I am. Really. Let’s go.” Jim spared one more quick glance at the mirror.

Pam let out a soft sigh of relief. Finally.

As they got downstairs, Jim couldn’t help but ask, “What am I gonna talk to him about? I haven’t… man. I just… Mr. Maguire’s a huge client, you know?” He ran a hand through his hair, causing it to stick up in all different directions. “And I’m on this stupid probation thing because of Ryan and even Toby is against me and I don’t even know why…”

“Hey. It’s okay. You’re going to make it. You’re a great salesman; don’t worry.” Pam knew he was really freaking out about this sale, not just trying to be difficult. Pam put her hands on his shoulder and stared into his eyes.

“Relax.

Jim kissed her lightly on the lips. “Thanks. I knew I could count on you to calm me down. I just never thought I’d have to try at this job, you know?”

“I know sweetie. But you’ll do great; I just know it. Besides, you’re bringing Andy and this guy hates Cornell. How could you not get the sale?”

Jim laughed at that and Pam felt a little thrill of happiness at the sound.

They had just gotten to car when Jim clapped one hand on his head, “Oh, hat!” and ran back inside.

Pam sighed affectionately and got into the car, patiently waiting for him. Yep, he was going to close it.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans