- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hannah_Halpert gave me the idea of making this into a TH series. Well, here is me trying.

Still own absolutely nothing.

*


*


Talking head





“I thought you said he didn’t call you.”




“He didn’t.”




“It’s not what he told me.” He looks at the camera, and then back at Pam, “He said you didn’t call him.”




“What? I don’t…. Why are we even talking about this?”




“Pam, this is—”




Pam interrupts, “I didn’t call him back, okay? The guy is supposed to call back. He didn’t and things fizzled.”




“Just like that?”




“Yup, just like that.” She looks at the interviewer, but turns back to Jim, face crunched in confusion. “Why does it matter anyways?”




“It doesn’t,” he says curtly with shifty eyes.




“Okay,” Pam sighs, looking straight into the camera. “I don’t know why he didn’t call. I didn’t call back because there was this other salesman whom I had my eye on.”




Jim looks surprised by her admission and unsuccessfully tries to hide the smile tugging the corner of his lips.




“And I thought he might still like me. So, I didn’t call back, okay?”




Jim turns to look at her. “What if Danny had called?”




“We would have probably gone on another date.” She shrugs and Jim lets his chin fall to his chest. “The other salesman wasn’t exactly available at the time, you know?”




Jim surrenders. “Okay, okay… I get it.”




They look at each other and Pam says, “Danny might have been too late anyways. The salesman finally asked me out and a year and a half later, he proposed. A year after that, we got married and five months later, I gave birth to his 7 pound 2 ounce baby, whom we have to pick up from daycare,” she says, looking at her watch.




Jim looks at the camera, face flushed. “You made your point.” They smile at each other and Jim says,
“Was it fun?”




“What? The dates?”




Jim nods.




“It was a fun distraction.”




“Yeah...” He snakes his arms around her.




He knows the feeling better than anyone.




“Oh, by the way,” Jim adds, “The baby is 21 pounds and 5 ounces now.”
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans