- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Episode was great! There really wasn't a missing talking head, I thought. But I wrote one anyway.

I don't own The Office or Elzie Crisler Segar's Popeye the Sailor.

*


*


Jim talking head





“I’m Popeye the Sailor-man,” he declares, gesturing up and down his torso with the corncob pipe accentuating his lopsided grin.




“It had to be done.” he says and removes the pipe. “I told Pam I would go pick up Cece, since the party was running late, and meet her back here.” He adjusts the sailor cap and continues, “So I drove to the daycare and home, got Cece’s costume, got us dressed, and here we are.”




He smiles and looks behind him through the conference room’s glass window. The camera zooms to where his gaze is focused and the image of Olive Oyl Pam smiling and making funny faces at Swee’Pea Cece becomes visible.




The camera zooms out and centers back on Jim. “Thank God she’s a dork, you know?” He says in mock relief. “If she wasn’t, I might not be married to her right now.” He twists his wedding band around his ring finger, smiling uneasily at the camera. “Swee’Pea wouldn’t even exist.”




He rolls his eyes, but the reality of this acknowledgment pulls a few of his heartstrings. But he is quick to recompose.




“I'm strong to the finish when I eats me spinach,” he sings, “I Popeye the sailor man! Toot toot”




He shrugs and says, “I guess I’m a bit of a dork too.”
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Toot Toot!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans