- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So, I didn't "feel" the last two episodes. Hence, no missing talking heads. But last night's episode was great! I loved the Jim/Pam dynamic. Here is a little talking head I thought up... It's just a short, little piece. Hope you guys like it.

I own nada.

*


*


Outside in the parking lot.


Pam



“Well…” She begins, “The banner is down.” She smiles with tight lips and says, “There will be no more tampering with the toilet paper and hopefully Dwight will stop watering down the hand soap. Aaaaand,” she adds, “I’ll compromise with the light sensors. But I should at least make him change the timers.”




She smiles and stands I bit straighter, holding herself tight. “I guess today wasn’t a total failure. I got what I wanted.” She shrugs. “Jim was right.”




She looks behind her, where Jim is standing by the car, then down at her hands. “Jim’s an eternal optimist.” She smiles and adds, “At least when it comes to me. He would never let me admit I’ve failed.”




She twists her wedding band around her ring finger and says, “Today, I…” but stops herself. She opens her mouth, closes it, but opens it again before saying, “If it wasn’t for Nate, I might not have changed Dwight’s mind.” Realization sinks in as she admits this. “I just….”




She lets the sentence lingers, but adds with a small rush of air, “There’s just more at stake now.”




She smiles and timidly says, “Gotta keep Cece off the strip pole.”
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans