- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey! Last chapter! Next one will be the epilogue, so I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you for the reviews and everything!
#5 – And then they fought



‘Exterminate! Exterminate!’ yelled the Dalek, entering the TARDIS.

The Doctor and River took up battle positions in front of it while Rory pulled Amy into a safe ground.

‘Why, hello. Can’t you knock?’ asked River. ‘Oh, that’s right, you don’t have arms…’ she smiled.

‘Doctor-I-will-exterminate!’ it said, with that incredibly annoying blinking light, moving it’s eye around.

‘Oh, yeah? What makes you so sure that your magnificent plan will work this time?’ the Doctor asked, all furrowed browed and tight lipped.

‘I-have-what-you-fear-the-most! He-is-on-my-side!’ said the Dalek. Even though there wasn’t a face on it, it was obvious it’d be smirking at that point.
The Doctor laughed.

‘Yes. Well, you might want to check that again.’


***


As the Dalek left, Jim managed to get a hold of the situation. He was able to somehow get out of the cell – Pam suspected that he had stolen the key from Madame Bonfoiaunt when she wasn’t paying attention as he got in the house – and held Monsieur Cezánne.

‘Pam! Press those buttons!’ he yelled, while Madame was running from downstairs to their direction. ‘They turn off the robot!’

‘The Dalek?’

‘No, that’s not a… Just turn it off and I’ll explain!’

‘Let me out, you maggot!’ yelled Monsieur Cezánne, fighting Jim off.

‘Dude, relax, it’ll soon be over, alright?’

Pam went to the buttons. They were all brightly coloured and weirdly shaped. She had no idea which one to press.

‘I don’t know which!’

‘The one that writes “abort” and then pull the stringy thing on your left!’

So she did and the noise stopped. Madame Bonfoiaunt had been coming down the stairs so she fell when “unplugged”. All of her hair was spread around the floor. Cezánne had stopped moving as well. He was unconscious. Jim put him gently on the floor.

‘Is he going to be okay?’ asked Pam, nervous.

‘Oh, yeah. He’s just unconscious. But he’ll be up in no time, with no recollections of this whatsoever.
Don’t worry, we didn’t broke the “Father of Modern Art”’ Jim said, nonchalantly.

Pam giggled. He was right. They were alive and okay.

‘The robot controlled Monsieur Cezánne.’ She said, in a tone of understandment. Jim nodded in agreement.

‘What about the Dalek?’

‘Well, I’m not sure if I got it when the Doctor and Dr. Song explained it to me, but I think the Daleks – yes, there are more than one of them – are a shield of some sort, like a cocoon, and there’s an actual living-breathing-creature inside.’ Said Jim. And they hate everything and everyone.

‘And they are fighting it in the TARDIS right now?’ Pam asked. Jim nodded.

‘Come on.’ He said, lifting Cezánne from the floor. ‘Let’s take him upstairs and them we can go back.’


When they finally managed to leave the house, everything seemed incredibly bright to Pam.

‘So, I think we can go back to Scranton now…’ she said, looking up at the beautiful Parisian sky.

‘Yeah…’ Jim agreed, in a whisper.

‘I hope everything’s okay at the TARDIS.’ She said.

They kept walking. Jim had his hands in his pockets and Pam was still mesmerized by Paris. But she had more important things to worry about. Like how to break up with Roy.

‘Jim?’

‘Yeah?’

‘I want you to know that I meant it. Everything.’

‘Okay.’ She could see a tiny smile forming on his lips.


***


‘Is everything okay?’ asked Pam, knocking on the TARDIS door. There was a fumbling noise inside and the door opened.

‘Pamela! James! Enter s’il vous plaît!’ said the Doctor, looking frazzled.

They looked at each other with puzzled looks. Jim and Pam got in the space/time ship and saw nothing.

‘Did you guys defeat the Dalek?’ asked Jim.

‘Yeah, he used the emergency temporal shift.’ Said a beautiful woman Pam hasn’t met yet.

‘Pam, this is Dr. River Song. She’s awesome.’ Said Jim. ‘Dr. Song, this is Pam Beesly.’

They shook hands.

‘What is an “emergency temporal shift”?’ asked Amy.

‘It’s an easy way out for the Daleks. They used it during the war and they keep using it over and over and over… It’s quite boring, I must say… And it’s probably how he ended up here… I mean, last time I saw the Dalek we were in New York and it was 1930’s!’ explained the Doctor.

‘Well, at least everything’s good now. I think it’s time for Pam and me to go back to Scranton.’ Jim said. Pam nodded.

‘Are you sure? You can stay as long as you want…’said Amy, smiling at Pam.

‘Yeah, I mean, it’s dangerous, but the more the merrier!’ said Rory.

‘I loved meeting all of you and all that, but I think I’m good… You know? The whole “living-life-on-the-edge” thing is not really me…’ said Pam.

‘I have to go to. My prison awaits…’said River Song, smiling in a gorgeous way. Every time Pam looked at her, she was more beautiful.

‘Prison?’ asked Jim.

‘Long story, sweetie. We’ll leave it for later…’ she said.

‘Can’t you stay, River?’ asked Amy.

‘We’ll meet again, Amy, don’t worry.’ Said River, leaving the TARDIS with a wave of goodbye. She then stopped, turned back and kissed the Doctor. All of the other passengers looked stunned. So did the Doctor. ‘You never get used to that, sweetie.’ She said, finally leaving.

‘It’s a pity she couldn’t stay longer…’ said Rory, scratching the back of his neck, nervously.

‘And you guys too! We were having fun!’ said Amy.

‘Well, Amy Pond, if they have to go… At least we got one adventure.’ Said the Doctor, recovered from the kiss.

‘Yeah, if you could take us back, that would be lovely…’ said Pam.

‘True… It’s a hell of a commuting without the TARDIS.’ Nodded Jim.

‘You’re funny, Jim. Really funny.’ Laughed the Doctor.

He started doing that button thing, running around the ‘bridge’, pulling and pressing stuff. Soon they were flying through space and time. Pam felt bad going home and having to deal with everything, but it was for the best. Especially now that she would be with Jim. She was finally going to be fully happy. Forever.


***


‘Thank you so much for everything!’ said Pam as she hugged Amy in the parking lot of the office building.

‘I’ll miss having another girl around… Great to meet you, Pam!’

Jim and Rory were shaking hands.

‘You’re great, man. Thanks for all the help!’ said Rory.

‘No problem. Thanks for the adventure… I think..’ said Jim. Both laughed.

‘Jim Halpert, the only man that scared the beejesus out of the Doctor.’ Said the Doctor, smiling. They hugged. ‘Nice to meet you.’

‘You too. And you guys can show up anytime. Literally.’ Said Jim.

Pam laughed and nodded.

‘Come back whenever!’ she said, hugging Rory and the Doctor.

The three adventurers got back into the TARDIS and left with the ‘vwop vwop vwop’ sound that had scared Jim and Pam so much before.

‘I have some things to take care of…’ said Pam, looking at Jim lovingly.

‘Do you want a lift?’

‘That would be great, thanks…’

As they were driving, Jim looked at Pam with surprise in his eyes.

‘Can you believe we just came back from a fight with aliens in the 19th century France?’

‘I still think I’m dreaming…’ Pam laughed.

‘Well, it this is your dream then I hope you never wake up…’

‘Me too.’
Chapter End Notes:
Next up : the Epilogue!

Thanks for the support! And, Whovians, basically run!!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans